World Guzzi Day

leafman60

Is Guzzi gonna have a world Guzzi shindig this year in MDLario???? I cant tell for sure from their website. Any of you guys ever been ?? Is it worth the time ?? Is it just a bunch of senior citizens on eldorados?? I may fly over if its advisable. What are the dates ? and good places to stay ?? Jaap, Paul, others , lemme know.

:rasta:

Jaap started a thread GMG last September but has rapidly slipped out of sight.

I'm planning on going, my leave is booked and I have permission from Debs. I've not yet made any travel plans. We're looking at having some major building works done this year ( pales in comparison to Bill's Garage :) (Bill where are you? Don't tar us all with the same brush)) That may or may not impact on the trip. I'll hopefully be talking to a few people at the Erin regarding the trip and will be looking at finalising my arrangements shortly after that.

Is Guzzi gonna have a world Guzzi shindig this year in MDLario????  I cant tell for sure from their website.  Any of you guys ever been ?? Is it worth the time  ??  Is it just a bunch of senior citizens on eldorados??  I may fly over if its advisable.  What are the dates ? and good places to stay ?? Jaap, Paul, others , lemme know.

:rasta:

46839[/snapback]

I don't have any facts concerning a Guzzi gathering at Mandello. You could contact (e-mail) Agostini's which is the local dealer. I am certain they will know. I have been to the Moto Guzzi museum a couple of times. if you have never been, go. Also, Ghezzi-Brian is only about a half hour drive from Mandello. I would suggest staying in the town of Varenna, 10 kilometers up the road from Mandello. The drive from Malpensa airport in Milan is under an hour. I travel to Italy every year and the Lake Como area is one of my favorites. There is good mortorcycling in the hills surrounding the Lake, and if you travel a couple hours northeast, just east of Bolzano, you get into the Tyrolean Dolomites - absolutetly some of the best motorbike roads on the planet.

I saw an Add in one of my magazines if you buy a guzzi by, a date I don't remember you get to go for free (from the states) maybe not a big deal if you already live in italy or say holland, but it seems like a good deal from here if I didn't already have a Goose.

:mg:

I found an example here, maybe not for the states might have seen it in a Brit mag but if they offered it for us in the states it would make me perk up.

[VISIT MOTO GUZZI IN ITALY – FREE!

Moto Guzzi have announced a free trip to Italy for all customers buying any V11 or California model before 31st March 2005.

The trip, which includes a visit to the famous Moto Guzzi factory and the stunning Moto Guzzi museum in Mandello del Lario, will take place in June. Cost of return flights, transit from Milan airport, hotel accommodation, meals and hospitality are all included.

To qualify for the promotion, customers must purchase a model before 31st March 2005 from either the California touring range (EV/EV Touring or Stone/Stone Touring) or the sporty V11 range, which includes the Le Mans, Café Sport, Sport Ballabio or the `naked’ V11 Sport. Only purchases made via participating dealers will be eligible.]

http://www.inter-bike.co.uk/tblnewspop.asp?news=792

This is the second time that MGUK have used the trip to Mandello incentive to flog a few bikes- I assume it must be popular if they are doing it again.

I would love to ride down in September but I don't think I will be able to make it.

Had a great time there last July on my V11 so I can't complain too much.

Guy :helmet:

Im seriously thinking about making the trip. Ive been to the factory before and Ive ridden that area all around Lago Como ... very nice. Maybe we need to arrange a jaap party ????

Guest aironepony

I'm booked to go. I usually make it, but in deference to my wife we usually do so via Ryanair. £30.00 return! This year it reverts to September, be aware that it can be wet and chilly!

It is usually a great gathering of all sorts of Guzzi's, singles and twins. I rather think that this year's effort will be less extravagant than the last event held during the summer months, but even so it should be a grand "do".

Some good hotels include the Al Verde, and the Grigna, in Mandello. :thumbsup:

Maybe we need to arrange a jaap party ????

I'd be honored, but you'll have to do it without me... :( I'm planning on going in 2006 (85th Anniversary) together with about 200 (!) other Guzzisti. The trip is organized by TLM.

OH OH I wanna go. seriously I should look into that but I'd have to rent a bike for the week. NO WAY am I going to ship my bike over for that. But I'll look into the 2006 gathering as a possible vacation.  :drink:

46976[/snapback]

Agostinis will rent you a Guzzi. See http://www.guzzirent.it/

I'd would get in there quick though because they will be in demand!

Guy

I concider going because appart from the 26hour ship travel, it is all together

about 500km from my home, but at the other hand, I think most places would be booked in the whole area long before.I am also abit of a "private" persone052.gif and usually I don't like

too much fuzz and too many people going on.

I plan though to pass again from there and say hallo to everybody at Agostini's , lovelly people there

Guest Corsaman

My wife and I are travelling to Mandello de Lario for the Guzzi Rally September 2005, :bier: from there we head to the UK and hope to hire bikes for a ride on the Isle of Man.

Any good contacts are gratefully accepted :D