Introduction Thread

al_roethlisberger

Guest vstarjunkie

Hello All,

My name is Robert and I live in Chino, California. I currently don't own a Moto Guzzi, but have several other bikes. First is a 2000 V-Star 1100 classic, this is my work horse bike and daily driver. The next is a 1995 H-D sportster, this is a mild chopper that I ride a couple of times a week. The last one is 2003 Kawasaki Ninja 250, this is the wifes bike, but I do play around with it once in a while.

I am intrested in the V11 sport, as the lemans is a little expensive for my taste. Just looking for info on them before I buy. I want a "fun" bike for the weekends that is different from the ones I have.

Robert

Guest jsaxelby

I am a BMW pilot at present. When I was living in Texas there were not many Guzzi dealers so I got an R100S that I still have. My plan is to get a V11 once my kids are out of college in a couple of years.

post-14-1077292272_thumb.jpg

Hi Guys,

My name is Jim and I live in Asheville North Carolina.That's right,very near to Deals Gap. :P

I ride the Gap three or four times a month in good weather.I prefer to ride in the middle of the week so to avoid the squids and dare devils as well as the VERY unfriendly State Trooper that patrols there. :(

I'm 46 years old and other than about 5 years during marriage and kids,(kept the kids,ditched the wife)I've always rode.

I mainly had Triumphs and a couple of Harleys,than wanted to get in the dirt and got into old Ossa's and had a few Suzuki's and a Honda XL.When I got back on the street,I got a KZ1000 then a Nighthawk.Then a few Bavarian bikes. :grin:

I went with a friend to pick up an SP1000, and loved it so much I bought it from him.

While doing some repairs(after 10,000 miles of trouble free riding) I went for a gasket at the dealer and saw the lemans.I had to have it :wub::wub:

I love this bike and will continue to enjoy it for some time to come.

J.R in NC

Hi There--

I kind of introduced myself on the tech page, but here's a better intro, and where it actually belongs!

My name is jay and I live in the Northern California East Bay on the island of Alameda. I'm picking up a brand new left over 03 V11 Sport Naked next weekend, and I can't wait. Just sold my 01 Aprilia Mille, and although I'll miss the amazing horsepower, and killer brakes, it was without a doubt, one of the most uncomfortable bikes I've ever owned. My wife wouldn't ride on the back for 10 minutes either... Maybe I'm getting old.

I've had several Yamaha RD's, an RZ 350, Suzuki GT 550, a BMW R90S, 71 Moto Guzzi Ambassador, a rigid Harley Shovel, 69 BSA Thunderbolt, 80 Ducati 900 Darmah SS, 86 Ducati F1B, several Honda CB's, Vespa's, and a Triumph Daytona from 1968 and from 2000! There's been some more that I'm forgetting, but you get the idea of what I like.

Anyway, thanks for letting me intro, and I hope to ask many more questions!

jay

Guest Steeltoe

Hi, my name is Phil and I am a bikeaholic. I am 51, grew up in Detroit, and now live in Van Nuys, CA.

I started out on a CB160 in 1967. Also spent some time on my brothers S90,

before buying my first bike in '69, a new ($700) Honda CB350. Later, I moved

from Detroit to So Cal, and got a used '72 Honda CB450. In '76, I got a new

Triumph 750 Trident.

I retired for 18 years from riding, but in '95 into it again via a new

Speed Triple. Since then, I have had an Aprilia Falco, and now my current

ride, an Aprilia Futura, which is very comfortable and still a good canyon ride.

I did spend a weekend on a V11 Lemans, and found it to be quite addictive.

I would like a Ballabio or Cafe Sport as my next ride, and possibly a Thunderbird

Sport. That would be nice - to have three bikes!

The bike currently shares the garage with a 1945 VW Kubelwagen

When I learn how to master this web business I will post a photo :pic: of me asride the beast in full colour action !

Never mind pictures of the Guzzi beast, I want to see pictures of that Kubelwagen beast. How did you manage to get that? You must bring it to the V11 rally. Strap the Guzzi on the bonnet.

I went see a VW Trekker once, but just couldn't afford to buy it. I wish I had.

chris.4.jpgexample picture pinched off the web.

Although it was a softie Mini-Moke type compared to the Kubelwagen, the steel body was as thick as... a very thick steel thing.

Oh dear, as I'm posting in the Intro thread now, I'd better say my introductions. Hello.

My name is David I'm always called DB, which is quite similar to KB and I see from his introduction that he is 47 years old, which is quite similar to my age, as I'm 47.

Once upon a time I went to art college, so of course I have never had 'a proper job'. So of course I have never had money for a new bike (I once bought a brand new CZ125! Obviously that doesn't count) and so never thought I would ever have that beautiful green V11 Sport that I saw when it first came out.

However... I never thought I would have a Ducati Monster either, but I got a second hand baby (600) one, then a while ago saw a V11 Guzzi advertised for £1,100, then started looking around and... ended up selling the baby Monster and buying a brand new daddy monster 2002 Ohlins V11. It's fab.

Hey Jaap – once people have signed up, would it be possible to post a list of folks according to what part of the world they are in?

Hey Jaap – once people have signed up, would it be possible to post a list of folks according to what part of the world they are in?

What would you like to know? How many people are from which part of the world, or who is from which part of the world? Both lists are difficult... :blink:

What would you like to know? How many people are from which part of the world, or who is from which part of the world? Both lists are difficult... :blink:

I am wondering WHO is where. But if it is not easy to do a list and if people do not give enough information anyway, then don't think anymore about it.

I am interested to know where other Guzzi riders are in Ireland, Wales, Scotland, England. I have never seen another Moto Guzzi on the road here.

The only time I remember seeing one, was about 20 years ago in Scotland. I was camping at Ben Nevis campsite when a fantastic sound came up the glen. It was a red guess what. It made a big impression.

Anyway, hopefully I will get to the V11 thing in England in June.

Belfastguzzi quoted:

"I am interested to know where other Guzzi riders are in Ireland, Wales, Scotland, England. I have never seen another Moto Guzzi on the road here"

I have entered the 2004 Celtic Moto Challenge and will be riding my Rosso Corsa all over Ireland in May. Really looking forward to Mondello Park and all those fantastic roads.

It will probably be the only Guzzi involved (just like last year) unless one of you guys out there fancies having a bash- the event is suitable for those who like to use their bikes for what they were designed for.

More details at: http://www.motochallenge.com/walesireland.htm#

Regards

Guy

:mg:

Hello,

My name is Harry. I live in Olklahoma City. I'm 47 and have been riding

since 1968. At various times I have had a Honda 350 4, a Honda 650 Nighthawk,

a Kawasaki 90 dirt bike, a Yamaha 125MX, a Yamaha XT250 dual purpose, a '91

Harley 883 Sportster, and my current ride, a 1997 Buell S3T. I've only ever owned

one bike at a time, whereas it seems that most of the people posting on this

site own more than one bike. I wouldn't mind having another bike, possibly

a current Triumph Bonneville T100, but for me, one bike is enough to keep maintained,

tagged, etc. I've been interested in the Moto Guzzi LeMans snce 2001. The

first time I saw one was at BMW Motorcycles of North Dallas in Plano, Texas.

I sat on the Champagne colored LeMans and became very interested and

intrigued in the machine, and have wanted one ever since. I had an opportunity

to test ride one at the Guzzi dealership in Witchita, Kansas in 2002. I liked the handling and braking, but the handlebars were too far down and forward compared to what I'm used to on the Buell. If I get the LeMans I hope there is a bar raising kit available for it. From what I've read on this website and elsewhere, the Guzzi seems to be built to last a long time, which is good, because I want a bike I can put tens of thousands of miles on with no major problems.

The Buell has almost 70,000 miles on it after nearly seven years of riding it, and I really have enjoyed it, but I feel ready to move on to something new and

different. I think the Moto Guzzi LeMans just might be the ticket.

Hallo everyone, I am Antonio Carroccio and I am a AA patient.

Just joking………well(?!)

I am an Italian guy who lives in Amsterdam with my two daughters and of course a wife.

I am born in 1965 in Milano and in Amsterdam since 1988. I am owner of a V11 Le Mans red/grey since November 2002. Before this bike I have had a BMW K100.

I will see you soon on this site.

ciao

Well, I've been here a while, so I might as well show my face.

I suppose I'm the token cruiser here -- I have a V11 Stone -- but since this is a V11 forum, I still like the info y'all provide.

I am 35 and live in Seattle. Married. 5'11 250 lbs: I used to be a bouncer and now I'm a librarian. Go figure. :nerd:

I've had seven bikes. My first was a chopped 1968 Honda with a VW bug back tire. A real death trap, but I learned to take it on the twisties, and I figure if I can ride that thing, I can ride anything. I've also had two Yamaha Maxims and a Virago; a BMW R65/6 and R100RT; and finally, a 2002 Stone. What can I say, I love shaft-drives. Needless to say, the Guzzi is the most fun.

I love the V11 Sports, though, and eventually I would like to get a Ballabio. I've ridden Nemo's enough to know that I need the raised handlebars. ^_^

I'm enjoying the conversation.

I have entered the 2004 Celtic Moto Challenge and will be riding my Rosso Corsa all over Ireland in May. Really looking forward to Mondello Park and all those fantastic roads.

It will probably be the only Guzzi involved (just like last year) unless one of you guys out there fancies having a bash- the event is suitable for those who like to use their bikes for what they were designed for.

More details at: http://www.motochallenge.com/walesireland.htm#

That's a great tour.

I like the look of the Alaska one too!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All

I'm 43 yrs old and have been riding since 1976.. Owned many different bikes including CB350, 441Victor, 1969 Ambo, 1979 GS750E, W650.. Currently have a restored 1978 GS550, my 2002 Concours on which I did the 50cc this past January, and my new 2001 V11 Sport.. Got it 10 days (and 654 miles) ago from Munroe Motors. 2 kids, lovely wife of 18yrs.. Kids have dirt bikes.. wife wishes us well and stays at home when we ride ;-)

Originally from Toronto, Canada.. parents emigrated there in1959 from Belfast.. so hello to BelfastGuzzi !. Moved down here to Bay Area 7 yrs ago, and love the fact that I can ride across country in January !!

First memory of Guzzi was around 1976 at Mosport race track north of Toronto for bike races and underage drinking.... Saw a guzzi with big carbs & velocity stacks, and the carbs looked like beer steins... Must have been straight pipes because it felt like a hammer hitting my chest from 20 ft away as it idled.. Fell in love with the sound of guzzi back then, and am looking to modify the exhaust as soon as I can !!

Regards. Tim