Introduction Thread

al_roethlisberger

I started road racing in 1982 locally in Ontario, Canada and select races in the northern States. Then with a few friends put a team together and Raced in WERA and CCS Endurance events mostly when we could for the next 8 yrs. Raced locally til about 1994. Have done many track days recently with the Aprilia. Fun bike to ride very hard and fast even though it is only a 125cc 2T.

Hello there. I raced Mosport, Shannonville, Sanair, St. Jovite, Nelson Ledges and Loudon from 80 to 83. I raced endurance in 83 with Tim Spiegelberg and had a blast. Ducati 900 mostly.

I grew up near Guelph so we probably passed each other somewhere and maybe even at the track (I being the one who got passed would be my guess)

Welcome and enjoy!!

Jim

• Like 1

Hey Jim,

Yeah yeah back in the day. WOW!! I remember hearing Tims name regularly...was Pat announcing back then or did he come in later. I think that was when the Neilson Family still owned Shannonville.

I never raced Loudon, but many racer friends went there regularly. I did race the 24hr at Ledges a few times and always torrential storm at some point during the race.

St. Jovite, that was part of the Brimaco series wasn't it??

Cheers Jim, cool to cross paths and bench race a little.....

John

Hey John. I remember Pat Gonsalves announcing .... he was great.

St Jovite is also called Mt Tremblant. Only once there .... cool track.

Did a couple of 6 hours and the 24 hour at the Ledges. We finished 3rd in one 6 hour ...... best race of my life!

Cheers to you too!

I'll have more when I get home.

Jim

• 4 weeks later...

I joined this group today with the hopes of becoming a V11 owner soon. I am a life long rider. My first ride was an Italian scooter a Lambretta in 1962. I have owned & own now Harleys Indians BSAs BMW Triumphs, all the rice bikes. A few years ago I Traded for a Eldorado. Sadly it is not running. I have recently retired so hopefully this will change.

Married a boy and girl in mid thirties no grand kids yet. After college I worked in manufacturing for last 40 years making custom automated equipment. I live in northwest Arkansas.

We have some of the best motorcycle roads you will find. If you would like to ride in Arkansas feel free to contact me for my favorite roads.

Like Beaver Lake/Springdale etc?  Great riding all across N. AR and S. MO.

It always surprises me how much less congestion there is west of the Mississippi. Hope you enjoy your LeMans!!

• 1 month later...

Greetings. First-time Guzzi owner here - and I scored BIG TIME. Picked up a pristine Scura with 175 miles on it.

Stable-mates are Husqvarna TE510 and Honda CB350F.

Previous interesting bikes: KTM 950 Adventure, BMW R1100RT, Ducati Sport 1000, BMW R100CS, Yamaha FJ1100.

Scuder's welcome, the Scura is awesome, do you know what ya in for tho?

I think I'm in for alternating joy and heartbreak. On this forum and wildguzzi I've seen evidence of the love-hate relationship people have with this bike. I started a new thread that seeks, in part, advice from Scura owners based on experience.

• 2 months later...

Hello from Australia.....new to (this) forum.

Owned a Tenni (also have 76 Le Mans) and wan't to return to V11 ownership - one of the corsa versions.

just missed the forum RC for sale......but there is one for sale at Eurosports in PA. USA.

Any thoughts on this one at $7,000?

Won't be a blow-in if I buy in again.

Phil