Introduction Thread

al_roethlisberger

I picked up my first Guzzi the day after Christmas, and what do you know, I had a good afternoon of riding weather, it was a great first long ride!!!  Really fell in love with it, just what I was looking for.

Small Guzzi.jpg

I picked up my first Guzzi the day after Christmas, and what do you know, I had a good afternoon of riding weather, it was a great first long ride!!!  Really fell in love with it, just what I was looking for.

and you got the Christmas model - Red and Green. Looks great.

I think it is a complimentary motorcycle to my VFR's, more of a standard I can ride very sporting.  I like that with the bar conversion makes it comfortable and slightly upright.  I am putting the hard bags on it.  I have always had a pull towards Italian machinery, I own a couple of Alfa Romeos, a few Lombardini diesel powered garden tractors and few Oleo Mac/Olympyk chainsaws.  A few weeks ago I rode it around the block and enjoyed the engine and the maneuverability of it.  When I picked it up I rode it a few miles and almost changed my mind about buying, the vibration was a bit much.  But later in the day my buddy and I went riding, he lead me down a bunch of old roads I used to drive when I was a teenager growing up in the area, and after about 2 hours of riding I did not want to stop.  The vibration was there, but did not bother me much, the engine won me over and it was comfortable and I found myself looking around instead of staring at the yellow and white lines on the road.  Now I can't wait for Spring.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the forum, while your V11s not the usual Japanese sewing machine the vibration is not too bad, perhaps it just needs balancing, don't treat it like a Harley.

Sent from my shoe phone!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm new to this forum as I just bought an 04 Ballabio at the Vancouver bike show yesterday . You never know what tomorrow is going to bring because I had no intention of buying anything . She's a beauty and I will post pictures when I figure out how to upload them .

I'm not sure what to expect when I finally get to ride it . Currently I have a Stelvio which I love and a restored Eldo George Dockray built  a few years back . I've owned a half dozen Guzzis since I got hooked on these motorcycles 10 years ago and wish I could of kept them all .

However the Stelvio is heavy and at 66 find it a bit challenging sometimes just pushing it around  so am hoping the Sport will be a little easier on me and if I drop it I'll be able to pick it up , fingers crossed .

I know a few on this site and am glad for it so look forward to any advise when and if it's needed .

Great to be alive and still riding !

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum and the new bike. Look up the BCclassicmotorcycleclub dot com we meet every Sunday for coffee, Guzzis are well represented including a Stelvio a few Tontis and loops. I'll send you a PM later.

Roy

Sent from my shoe phone!

• 1 month later...

Hello, Namaste and greetings from San Ramon (San Francisco Bay Area ) and originally from India

Just picked up a nice red 2004 v11 ballibao earlier today after lusting for a guzzi ever since the coppa Italia was introduced about 10 years ago .. Was lucky to find a mint ballabio with 18k on the clock and MIVV exhausts and well take care of by a genteleman seller

Had a lovely ride back home and looking forward to a great relationship with the machine gun feeling v11

I officially completed the first personal modification by immediately rotating the handlebar position half an inch closer to myself  :thumbsup: 

Cheers

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Hi all, just signed up.  Lucydad in Sugar Land, TX.

Currently own a 2012 Guzzi V7R and a 2015 Triumph STRX.

Reading up on the V11.  Nearby 2002 Le Mans V11 owner has a bike that I am quite keen on.

On edge of final decision to pull the buy trigger.  

For now I am reading and learning.  This looks like a fabulous forum.

Thanks!

A'hoy!

Just buy it! You'll love it.

+1

Lucydad, I was in your shoes a few months ago. I pulled the trigger. There were/are some niggles but I don't regret it at all.