Introduction Thread

al_roethlisberger

LhCSLNy.jpg

2004 Cali stone, back in the V11 fold, and I didn’t realize how much I missed it, was on a fatboy for a couple years, sold it to buy matching bikes for me and the wife.

That windshield is in the bin, added hepco racks just need to find the legit windshield and a decent set of hepco bags

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, 

Frequently used this forum, but never contributed until now. I'm fortunate enough to own an incredibly rare Rossa Corsa edition V11 Le Mans, one of the most beautiful production bikes ever made IMO. It's my first Guzzi, and my first bike after having my leg broken earlier this year. She's my everyday bike, commuting, touring, backroad blasting in the Santa Cruz mountains. She has her quirks, but my guzzi has been well sorted and I find is a very reliable and easy bike to work on! Been through a lot with her: Riding through death valley, trips up to Tahoe, doing the ton from Barstow to Vegas (going 100 miles in an hour) hitting a bird at 70+mph and breaking the headlight in the middle of a 400 mile stint, and I was planning to ride her across the US this year to AMA vintage days in Ohio until a car turned left into and made me low side her. I bought her back and repaired her though. I don't think I'll ever sell her. 

Bit about me, I'm a younger guy in biotech in the bay area. Basically I'm a lab tech that helps manufacture cell therapies for companies. 

• Like 2

Hey everyone,

I’m buying an 08 1200 sport next week. After a patient recent search.

Current ride is an 04 Bmw R1150R

I’ve had an SP1000 about 15 yrs ago and a Cal Stone recently.

Looking forward to hearing that wonderful engine.

2F939460-2205-4D7B-93B6-119D0FA674A4.jpeg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all,

I have been looking at V11s for some time now and finally got one.  It's the Scura S365 that belonged to Mike (Milar) in AZ.  

Bought it on Ebay from the gentleman Mike sold it to.  He only put a couple hundred miles on it.

First Guzzi for me, I have only owned Japanese bikes so far... so trying to familiarize myself with the idiosyncrasies.  I'll be asking lots of questions :)

THanks,

Inshan

• Like 1

Hello all,

I have been looking at V11s for some time now and finally got one.  It's the Scura S365 that belonged to Mike (Milar) in AZ.  

Bought it on Ebay from the gentleman Mike sold it to.  He only put a couple hundred miles on it.

First Guzzi for me, I have only owned Japanese bikes so far... so trying to familiarize myself with the idiosyncrasies.  I'll be asking lots of questions :)

THanks,

Inshan

Wow, Sir! You have been on here a long time. I respect that you have what you need to connect with this Scura! :ninja:

I am so happy for you finally getting a V11! :thumbsup:

Welldone! :bier:

• Like 1

Welcome IE!  What's been done to her? Pics when you can. Has the clutch/flywheel been addressed?

When Mike had the bike listed for sale, he said the clutch was replaced with a RAM single plate.  I believe he inspected the flywheel and it showed no issues. 

I hope I don't have issues.

Here's what Mike said he did to the bike before selling it.

Suspension: rebuilt rear shock and retuned the forks when I replaced the fork seals.
Clutch: Replaced the stock clutch with a RAM single plate clutch. 
Tube Bars: replaced the clip ons with a fat bar.
Exhaust: Moto Guzzi Titanium race exhaust.
ECU: Retuned using an exhaust gas analyzer when the exhaust was changed.
Hoses and lines: Replaced any old hoses and lines.  Removed the emissions canister etc.
Regulator: added a ground wire to the regulator