Introduction Thread

al_roethlisberger

Welcome IE!  What's been done to her? Pics when you can. Has the clutch/flywheel been addressed?

When Mike had the bike listed for sale, he said the clutch was replaced with a RAM single plate.  I believe he inspected the flywheel and it showed no issues. 

I hope I don't have issues.

Here's what Mike said he did to the bike before selling it.

Suspension: rebuilt rear shock and retuned the forks when I replaced the fork seals.
Clutch: Replaced the stock clutch with a RAM single plate clutch. 
Tube Bars: replaced the clip ons with a fat bar.
Exhaust: Moto Guzzi Titanium race exhaust.
ECU: Retuned using an exhaust gas analyzer when the exhaust was changed.
Hoses and lines: Replaced any old hoses and lines.  Removed the emissions canister etc.
Regulator: added a ground wire to the regulator

Great! The RAM clutch replacement includes a steel flywheel, and It's a complete 'bench balanced' unit. No worries now. I installed mine myself, and really like the feel of it. Sounds like it's had some love in other areas too.

Have fun with her!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Welcome IE!  What's been done to her? Pics when you can. Has the clutch/flywheel been addressed?

When Mike had the bike listed for sale, he said the clutch was replaced with a RAM single plate.  I believe he inspected the flywheel and it showed no issues. 

I hope I don't have issues.

Here's what Mike said he did to the bike before selling it.

Suspension: rebuilt rear shock and retuned the forks when I replaced the fork seals.
Clutch: Replaced the stock clutch with a RAM single plate clutch. 
Tube Bars: replaced the clip ons with a fat bar.
Exhaust: Moto Guzzi Titanium race exhaust.
ECU: Retuned using an exhaust gas analyzer when the exhaust was changed.
Hoses and lines: Replaced any old hoses and lines.  Removed the emissions canister etc.
Regulator: added a ground wire to the regulator

Great! The RAM clutch replacement includes a steel flywheel, and It's a complete 'bench balanced' unit. No worries now. I installed mine myself, and really like the feel of it. Sounds like it's had some love in other areas too.

Have fun with her!

Thank you! This is the one thing I was concerned about!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

Joined the forum a few months back, but no post up until now, I have mainly been sneaking around.......
I have a 2001 V11 Le Mans, Champagne (bought her in June last year). Pics will follow once I figure out
how that works (the forum update seems to be causing some problems with that).

'Bike history' (sounds more impressive than it actually is): 1984 Honda CBX 550 (stolen), 1978 Honda CX500
(too old/slow for the motorway and sold) and now the Guzzi, definitely a keeper!

Tomorrow I am going to replace the old and hardened tires for some fresh rubber, looking forward to the drive home....  :race: 

Cheers!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, ENV11 said:

Hi all,

Joined the forum a few months back, but no post up until now, I have mainly been sneaking around.......
I have a 2001 V11 Le Mans, Champagne (bought her in June last year). Pics will follow once I figure out
how that works (the forum update seems to be causing some problems with that).

'Bike history' (sounds more impressive than it actually is): 1984 Honda CBX 550 (stolen), 1978 Honda CX500
(too old/slow for the motorway and sold) and now the Guzzi, definitely a keeper!

Tomorrow I am going to replace the old and hardened tires for some fresh rubber, looking forward to the drive home....  :race: 

Cheers!

Welkom op het forum en veel plezier met je V11 LeMans!

I’m 57, married to the same wonderful woman for 33 years and have 4 grown kids who are the most important thing in the world to me. I’ve always loved motorcycling. My uncle had a Honda 650 with a custom flame painted gas tank and we used to sit on it in his garage. Loved that. My step dad had a 72 Suzuki 380 with Ram Air. I used to pop out the key cylinder with a screwdriver and take it on joy rides when my folks were not home. 

I fell in love with Italian motorcycles when, in 1974, I saw a red Laverda at the beach. That sealed the deal!

I did a lot of traveling around the world in the early 80’s, then had kids, so no bikes. I finally was able to get my own bike in 96, a 92 Kawasaki Zephyr 750. Later on I had Kawi a Vulcan 800 and 1500. Then a Yamaha Stratoliner 1900 Deluxe. I wanted to move back towards. Better performance and less weight, so I got a Triumph Tiger 1050. Loved that bike! Traded that in for my current 2015 Aprilia Caponord 1200 Travel and now, after years of patient desire, I also own a 2004 V11 Sport Naked.  

Other things? I’m an Anglican Priest who begs or mercy when I go to fast!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ENV11 said:

Dank! Hierbij een foto met herkenbare achtergrond.. ;)

large.C9B92388-D514-4B60-BD22-D784C56382E4.jpeg

A beautiful V11 LeMans  juxtaposed with traditional Dutch windmills just seems so right on so many levels . . .  :grin:  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2019 at 2:28 AM, docc said:

A beautiful V11 LeMans  juxtaposed with traditional Dutch windmills just seems so right on so many levels . . .  :grin:  :thumbsup:

Do you mean that because technically the V11 pictured here is below sea level, its like a boat anchor docc:lol:

Ciao

17 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

Do you mean that because technically the V11 pictured here is below sea level, its like a boat anchor docc:lol:

Ciao

Ha! After basking in the pure romance of these two icons complimenting one-another's existence, I was struck by the likely technological similarities.

After all, they both must be harboring great, hulking, sulfurous bevel-boxes! 

And there is no escaping the magnificently Quixotic attraction.

Evidently, I have been personally afflicted with that aspect of the V11 without prospect of cure. :nerd::luigi::race::sun:

I feel pretty certain I should stay well away from windmills!

image.png

• Like 1