Introduction Thread

al_roethlisberger

Hey X! Welcome and well done. Really nice bikes. Congrats on your sweet Rosso Corsa! 
Very cool that SUB has an MGS-01. I’ve never seen one for sale. Alas, It’s one of those collector’s things where if you ride it you depreciate pristine value of the bike. Hell, that bike should be ridden!

Cheers!

• Like 2

Expected Goose = P-47

That MGS-01 is a BEAUTIFUL bike!
If I were a rich man...it would be on the track when not residing in my man cave.

p-47 goose.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hello all. I don't yet own a V11, but I'm a longtime Ducati rider. Really wanting to find a clean low mile V11 Sport/Cafe/LeMans.

A pleasure to meet you all.

• Like 3

On 8/13/2021 at 9:03 PM, gstallons said:

Welcome aboard !

Thank you, GStallions! I can't wait to join the club of Guzzi riders once I find my machine. The V11 really is so charismatic. The day of ownership can't arrive soon enough!

• Like 2

As said in the other topic: after 8 years i've got me another v11. I just had to have a Lemans one day.....that day went to be last friday.:D. To me it's a timeless black beauty, already saw turning heads on the way back home.....

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Matz said:

As said in the other topic: after 8 years i've got me another v11. I just had to have a Lemans one day.....that day went to be last friday.:D. To me it's a timeless black beauty, already saw turning heads on the way back home.....

Matz, the V11 LeMans truly is a gorgeous machine. Congrats.

I hope to also find mine soon...

Well done Matz.

Inquiring minds want to know... which model was your first V11... how long did you have it... what did you ride in between... what made you miss the V11... and just how big is the new permanent smile on your face?

• Like 1

On 6/16/2021 at 3:35 AM, X goose said:

Expected Goose = P-47

If I were a rich man...it would be on the track when not residing in my man cave.

p-47 goose.jpg

That's quite a "man cave" you have there ;)

On 6/15/2021 at 9:35 PM, X goose said:

Expected Goose = P-47

I know where to find another one... 18,000 USD.

MGS-01 Corsa #46

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, p6x said:

I know where to find another one... 18,000 USD.

MGS-01 Corsa #46

Yes, I'll take 3 and field my own private race team and pretend "Battle of the Twins" is still an active racing class.

$18k? If it walk's like a duck and quacks like a duck it's probably.....................................

Beautiful as they are you've 2 options with them as I see it

You keep it in an air condtioned man cave and watch it slowly decay.

OR

You take it to the track and, paraphrasing Dr Roper, you do a few laps then throw most of it away :rolleyes:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Weegie said:

$18k? If it walk's like a duck and quacks like a duck it's probably.....................................

Beautiful as they are you've 2 options with them as I see it

You keep it in an air condtioned man cave and watch it slowly decay.

OR

You take it to the track and, paraphrasing Dr Roper, you do a few laps then throw most of it away :rolleyes:

If I was Valentino Rossi, I would purchase it. #46? how can he pass on this....

On 8/29/2021 at 4:05 PM, Scud said:

Well done Matz.

Inquiring minds want to know... which model was your first V11... how long did you have it... what did you ride in between... what made you miss the V11... and just how big is the new permanent smile on your face?

I got a v11 Sport in Burgundy purple in 2010, imported from the UK. In 2013 i was offered a hd late shovel and couldn't resist it. But it was like a rodeo to me. For more commuting i switched to a Norge, which was a good bike. Next up was a Cali Stone, when the need to commute was gone.  But main thing: every time my buddy drove behind me he just said:" it's just not the same . I miss the deep sound.". I knew he was right and in the back of my mind a little voice kept yelling: " come on, i know you want to....".

The voice won.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...

Hello all. I am a 62 year old norwegian guy, bought my V11 Rosso Mandello from Germany this spring, very pleased so far😀 It is not my first Moto Guzzi, my first was a Lario back in 85, and after that two Le Mans 850 and a Le Mans 1000. After some years with Ducati (St4 and Multistrada 1200) I am back to Guzzi, feels great 👍😀. This is a fantastic forum, a lot of clever people👍

Jens Martin

• Like 4