Introduction Thread

al_roethlisberger

The Guzzi is not my trackbike, I've got 2 other V-twins for that kind of fun :bike:

The forks are leaking, so that's the first job, then some new seals in the calipers, just to be safe and a normal oil/filter service. Riding in juni I hope.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I am now a new owner of a 2000 V11 sport.  It is actually the bike which was recently sold by forum member Velofish.  I have to say that I have been lurking on here for about two weeks now and there is such a wealth of information here!  I want to send out a thank you right away to all of you for posting all of it, I have already leaned a ton and will continue to read through all the FAQs and How Tos.

Velofish did a great job of performing and documenting the regular maintenance so she runs great which allows me to enjoy riding while working on 'quality of life improvements.' 

My first order of business on this beautiful machine is getting her gauges working. Currently the Speedo has the classic wobble and the Tach is non-functional.  Thanks to all of the posts here I have already been able to narrow down the Speedo wobble to either the speedo drive gear at the transmission end or a bend in the cable.  I will confirm which by the weekend.

A little warning that you might see a couple of old threads resurrected as I search through all the great past discussions for similar issues to what I am dealing with and posting either more questions or confirming that I was able to resolve the issue following what others have already done!

I have already got my Guzzidiag and TPS cables on order for the Decent Tune Up and am building a spreadsheet of all the other little parts and pieces will need as I plan to execute the Tank Off Maintenance Checklist later this year. 

• Like 8

• 8 months later...

I've been lurking here for a few months so I figure I should go ahead and introduce myself. I have recently become the new owner of a 2003 V11 Le Mans. It has been owned since new by my father. it's spent the best part of the last 3 years in storage, but it is now time to get her registered and back on the road. 

Has anyone had any experiance with registering any Moto Guzzi in Maryland? The MVA (their version of the DMV) doesn't seem to have the brand in their system. 

Thanks for all the advice so far in the forums!

Rob

• Like 2

Having owned an Opel GT in both Ohio and California, I learned first hand DMVs aren't always in the know. My advice, register it as you're supposed to do, and let them figure out how to do it on their end.

Congrats on the new bike. Change those fluids and filters, add fresh gas and a battery and more than likely, you're on the road!

Thanks, I've done fresh gas and battery. Next bit of free time will be oil and brake fluid. 

I loved riding this bike years ago when it was new, hands down my favorite bike. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, WildRover1916 said:

Thanks, I've done fresh gas and battery. Next bit of free time will be oil and brake fluid. 

I loved riding this bike years ago when it was new, hands down my favorite bike. 

A big welcome, @WildRover1916!

Yours is the kind of inspirational story that deserves its own thread, IMO . . . :mg:

(If your up for it, I'll start it with these posts. You can ask me to edit the title to your liking later.)

• Like 2