Introduction Thread

al_roethlisberger

I picked up my first Guzzi the day after Christmas, and what do you know, I had a good afternoon of riding weather, it was a great first long ride!!!  Really fell in love with it, just what I was looking for.

Strangely you and I have owned the same bikes but not concurrently. I to have had a VFR750 and an RC30 as well as the current V11 Greeny.

Ciao 

The tractor seems fine so far, it's very low mileage and other than the new Chinese battery and the high beam indicator all is good. Only been for a few laps around the block though. The bride had to be reassured that the thing on the back comes off and there are passenger pegs. When I pulled the clutch in, she gave me a look of horror and said "what's that!?" I assured her it was a normal Italian characteristic, but she look sceptical. Ordered a motobatt off eBay along with a charger that has a little more grunt for the AGM.

Question though.... what sort of miliage does one get per tank full if not driving like you stole it. Generally speaking, can the low fuel warning light be trusted and roughly what is left in the tank when the light comes on?

You need to make sure the low fuel light works first of all. I trust mine, it starts out turning on and off as the fuel sloshes around, by the time it's on steady I figure I have 40k or 30 miles left.
According to the manual the tank capacity is 23 Litres (6 US gallons) with a reserve about 4.

BTW, welcome to the forum, I have a 2001 VII also, green of course.

• Like 1

I've drained my "5.8" gallon tank dry and only got 5.1 gallons out of it. The right side traps the rest. The light ought to start glowing, off and on, around 145-155 miles and out of fuel by 175-185 about the time the light is on steady and bright.

YMMV, literally! :grin:

• Like 1

True. I was shocked by the wide range of mileage on my V11. I thought there might be something wrong at first.

In the city mileage can be quite poor, but on the open road it will return around 40mpg, which is acceptable to me.

• Like 1

Yes it's the one from Squamish. Figured I'd go for the low km's rather than the others for sale locally. Also like the idea that it is bone stock. Always wanted one since way back when. A friend of mine raced a LeMans years ago and was reasonable successful with it. He showed up to lend moral support and help a cheap old bastard part with some cash. I've owned a few Ducatis in the past, from bevel drives to a 1098, so at least I have a rough idea what to expect. Did you look at the bike?

True. I was shocked by the wide range of mileage on my V11. I thought there might be something wrong at first.

In the city mileage can be quite poor, but on the open road it will return around 40mpg, which is acceptable to me.

Somehow I figured that would be the case around town, especially since I'm enjoying the torque (more bottom end than Opra) and suffer from speedo creep.

BC uses Imperial gallons or US gallons? Kilometers or miles?

Officially we use litres and kilometres, but I still think in miles and I'm about a 10 minute walk to the 49th parallel, so familiar with the US gallon and the lower taxes.

Edit. Brain fart... Yes we use litres

Docc,in the Great White North its Imperial gallons(litres) and kilometers :cheese: and poutine,back bacon and maple syrup.

Of course around Vancouver its more like sushi,yoga and B.C. bud. :rasta:

But we like our Guzzis. :race:

Wait - is the Imperial gallon based on liters? I thought it was based on the volume of body fluid the King might offer up on a typical night of reverie  . . .

Seriously, I thought the US gallon/ "quart", metric liter, and Imperial gallon were three different things?

They are

3.8 L per US gallon, I read it every day on the urinal. I work with process engineers they always think in m3 or US gallons, I haven't used imperial gallons in 20 years.

Sent from my shoe phone!