Introduction Thread

al_roethlisberger

Hi, my name is Brian.  I have a serious addiction.  I waste time at work cruising ebay and Craigslist for motorcycles.

This causes me to have many motorcycles. Many BMW's from '64 R60/2 to F800GS to K1600GTL and several others.  A couple of GL1200's. A few other various project bikes.

Sooo, I see this V11 Scura on ebay. Always thought that bike was sexy as hell, and I didn't have a sport bike in the collection . . .

Now, Scura #599 is in east Mesa, AZ.  I'm apparently the 3rd owner and the other two owners have been members on this forum, so Hello !

Yep, 1st Guzzi.  Ridden them on test rides and such.

I do like the gloss vs. matt paint.  The Scura logos were taken off of the tail section I assume during the re-paint.  I need to track a set down.  Yes, it would be black on black, but in the blazing Zonie sun, it would be seen.

I need to track a set down.  Yes, it would be black on black, but in the blazing Zonie sun, it would be seen.

You can download the Scura script from the fileshare section.  Then you could have it output in any color you want. Maybe you could match the color of the logo on the tank?

Good idea, Scud.. :thumbsup:

Anything for our new fellow scuristi.  :ninja:   And doesn't it seem like the cover over the rear brake master cylinder should be black?  :whistle:

• 5 months later...

Long time lurker (registered here in 2015), first time poster.

I'm 41 years old, and I've only been riding since 2004.

I'm currently down to one bike: 2004 Aprilia Futura.

Past rides have included Ducati 900Sport, Ducati Monster 620ie, Triumph Speed Four, and a Triumph SprintST 1050.

I live near Chicago, and have traveled across the United States, seeing both coasts aboard my Futura. I like visiting motorsports events on my two wheeled travels, and have been to World Superbike, MotoGP, Formula One, and AHRMA events, and even a few Air Races. I've also done some international riding vacations over the pasts few years to destinations such as Nepal and Taiwan. I commute as much as possible on my bike (basically if there's no ice or road salt on the ground, I'm riding to work), and have done a half dozen or so track days - perpetual novice - and I'm okay with that. Both of my younger brothers ride, my uncle used to ride, my significant other rides, and a young coworker of mine has recently gotten hooked by the motorcycling bug (I may have played a role in that). Basically when I'm not riding, I'm researching bikes, bike gear, motorcycling trips, talking about bikes, or wrenching on them.

I've been tossing around the idea of picking up a Moto Guzzi on and off over the last few years, but after recently seeing a Tenni and a Coppa Italia in person, I find myself convinced that I need a V11 ASAP.

- Joe

• Like 1

Welcome and a V11 is just what you need. Perfectly capable of going coast to coast in relative comfort and being a capable "sporting" motorcycle in the twisty bits. 

And... it's the last of the *real* Guzzis.

Join the few, the proud, the brave.. :ninja: and get a V11.. :grin:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello all, just joined up, Looks like a great forum lots of great reads so far and tons of info.

Im in Ont Canada, I own a 2000 v11 sport greenie,

Picked it up last month, 20k miles.

Love this bike, its a blast, no issues other than a leaky bevel drive seal, getting that looked after this week.

It's pretty much stock other than carbon cans, high polished pork chops, handle bar conversion and a back rest for the wife.

Im finding it hard to give my other two vintage triples the luv they deserve, oh well they'll get over it.

I've owned ducs in the past, the last being a 749 testarosa, but this guzzi is way more fun, from cruise to crotch rocket if need be.

My first impression was wow incredible torque, this thing could pull stumps like a tractor..... ;)

Glad to be here and Im sure I'll be needing some help/advice in the future.

Cheers

Im finding it hard to give my other two vintage triples the luv they deserve, oh well they'll get over it.

I had the same experience when I first got my Scura. These bikes are addictive - and I mean that in the best possible way.

Hello all, just joined up, Looks like a great forum lots of great reads so far and tons of info.

Im in Ont Canada, I own a 2000 v11 sport greenie,

Picked it up last month, 20k miles.

Love this bike, its a blast, no issues other than a leaky bevel drive seal, getting that looked after this week.

It's pretty much stock other than carbon cans, high polished pork chops, handle bar conversion and a back rest for the wife.

I've owned ducs in the past, the last being a 749 testarosa, but this guzzi is way more fun, from cruise to crotch rocket if need be.

My first impression was wow incredible torque, this thing could pull stumps like a tractor..... ;)

Glad to be here and Im sure I'll be needing some help/advice in the future.

Cheers

Pictures! Especially the pork chops!