Introduction Thread

al_roethlisberger

Not sure how to load pics here, as most know photo f**ket has pooched most of us, and most of my on hand files are too big to load direct.

Im not corrently hooked up with any other hosting site, kind of lost interest in that aspect thanx to photo bucket.

Are there other options, resizing to 200kb seems pointless.

Not sure how to load pics here, as most know photo f**ket has pooched most of us, and most of my on hand files are too big to load direct.

Im not corrently hooked up with any other hosting site, kind of lost interest in that aspect thanx to photo bucket.

Are there other options, resizing to 200kb seems pointless.

You can download your P-Blockit albums to your computer:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1767&p=223608

Then, consider uploading it in large blocks to ImgZeit:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20048

Photobucket is so slow these days there's no hope of getting the photos off. I have the originals but they aren't as well organized.

Photobucket is so slow these days there's no hope of getting the photos off. I have the originals but they aren't as well organized.

Keep working on downloading your albums back from them. Once you have them, you can restore images as you see fit.

V7cafe's ImgZeit is worth a look. It reminds me of "Beard" building "guzzidiag" for the community.  :thumbsup:

Just joined imgziet, tried to download my album from pbucket, thats a lost cause, just jams up and freezes, screw them!

Lets see if I can post some pics on the photo thread.

Success, the site is easy peezy, I like the way its set up, any way photo`s up

I downloaded mine early in the *game*. I don't doubt PB is interfering with the downloads now.

I can see if it can be tested. They're your images. You ought to be able to get them.

Being a history buff, I went through the mountain of paper work that came with the V11, turns out it was originally owned by Shawn Baldwin of SC. Sold into Canada, 2008.

Cool knowing the history of a vehicle. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy Fellows,

Newbie Alex here from Los Angeles. Just got my V11 a couple weeks ago. I've been riding for over 25 years now. I grew up in the San Fernando Valley years ago when there was still dirt roads and open land and hills. Caught the motorcycle bug when I was a kid riding friends' bikes, but wasn't ever fortunate enough to own my own for a long time. I haven't owned a car for years now and don't want one. My wife has our only car and if I need to take our two boys anywhere the three of us get there in my 2008 Ural Retro with sidecar.

While I generally can do my own motorcycle maintenance, I've always been envious of the guys who can do modifications or do workarounds.  Glad to be joining the forums.

Alex 

• Like 1

Hello fellow Guzzisti,

As many before me have said, I've lurked here for some time soaking in the wealth of knowledge and experience contained in this forum. This has helped me tremendously in my search for a V11 so I thank all who have shared here, sincerely. 

My quest ended last weekend when I became the fortunate new owner of a very well cared for 2004 Cafe' Sport. I haven't owned a Guzzi previously so I really didn't know what to expect. All I can say is this bike is FUN and that exhaust note is unmatched. I'm really surprised by how much I like this bike!

My only complaint is the riding position. I feel it could be greatly improved by a set of clip-ons. This particular bike had been converted to a fork mount headlamp/fairing/cluster previously and I think a set of clips and top triple from a lemans might sort it. Maybe someone more knowledgeable could chime in and clarify whats necessary.

Anyway, thanks all for your contributions and for helping me learn more about this great ride!

36608177261_26256eae5f_b.jpg

• Like 1

Congratulations on a great bike. If you wait a while, somebody will be along who wants higher handlebars to replace their clip-ons. You might be able to work a trade, including the top triple clamp. Stock clip ons are hard to find - but there are some aftermarket clip-ons available.

This particular bike had been converted to a fork mount headlamp/fairing/cluster previously 

Welcome. You've already found the best source in the world. :thumbsup:  I'm not *that* familiar with the Cafe Sport, but isn't that the original configuration?