Introduction Thread

al_roethlisberger

Stock clip ons are hard to find - but there are some aftermarket clip-ons available.

Thanks for the info Scud, I think I might get a set of Woodcraft's but will need to decide if I mount them over or under the triple. I think the bike could benefit from the front getting dropped a little bit and the rear raised a little helping with turn-in. I guess i'll need to get that dialed in and see how much I have left to mount under the triple. Woodcraft claims 37mm is best and the fork tapers a little under there.  

I've seen the Tommaselli's and they look very nice and allow for some adjustability, I'm just not sure on clearance. I wonder if anyone has had any experience with those.

I'm not *that* familiar with the Cafe Sport, but isn't that the original configuration?

Chuck, I'm not entirely certain but the gooseneck that mounted all of that stuff to the frame came with the bike so it's my assumption it was changed.

There is/was a clip on the bottom of the swingarm to hold the brake hose, it looks like yours might not be clipped in.

Really nice looking bike.

Good eye coreytrevor! I'll take look at it this evening.

Thanks for the warm welcome and the replies gang!  :D  :bike:  

Hello fellow Guzzisti,

As many before me have said, I've lurked here for some time soaking in the wealth of knowledge and experience contained in this forum. This has helped me tremendously in my search for a V11 so I thank all who have shared here, sincerely. 

My quest ended last weekend when I became the fortunate new owner of a very well cared for 2004 Cafe' Sport. I haven't owned a Guzzi previously so I really didn't know what to expect. All I can say is this bike is FUN and that exhaust note is unmatched. I'm really surprised by how much I like this bike!

My only complaint is the riding position. I feel it could be greatly improved by a set of clip-ons. This particular bike had been converted to a fork mount headlamp/fairing/cluster previously and I think a set of clips and top triple from a lemans might sort it. Maybe someone more knowledgeable could chime in and clarify whats necessary.

Anyway, thanks all for your contributions and for helping me learn more about this great ride!

36608177261_26256eae5f_b.jpg

Any idea where those Techspec tank pads came from? I looked for these but couldn't find a specific application for a V11.

I just put a set of Tarozzi clip-on risers on mine. They are nicely made, give a couple mounting options and adjustable bar angle you don't get with a lot of others. They have different heights and can go over or under the triple. They also have a lot of room with the LeMans fairing for LeMans people. The price was pretty good too.

I got the tall ones because I am old and never got along with low bars even when I was not old. I will try to post some pics if I can make it happen. 

http://www.fastfromthepast.com/clip-ons

Clipon_Cat_pic.jpg

• Like 1

Any idea where those Techspec tank pads came from? I looked for these but couldn't find a specific application for a V11.

Sorry Amarrache, I don't.

I assume they were put on the bike around the time is was originally purchased. Maybe try contacting them directly? 

• 5 weeks later...

welcome brubache - maybe you could start up a new topic about your rescue project so we can follow along. Another member is just starting to part-out a complete bike - that might be a good parts source to get you started.

Welcome to the forum brubache. Where abouts in BC are you?

Vancouver! :)

welcome brubache - maybe you could start up a new topic about your rescue project so we can follow along. Another member is just starting to part-out a complete bike - that might be a good parts source to get you started.

That's a great idea.  I will do that on Sunday once the bike is firmly in proper hands ;)

Thanks gents! Lovely welcome.