Introduction Thread

al_roethlisberger

Velkommen Jens.      3961 zip.

Cheers Tom.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Ciao a Tutti.

I just recently became the new owner of a beautiful 2004 V11 Café Sport and I'm very excited to be here amongst fellow enthusiasts. I've already started to gather as much knowledge as I can from you all and looking forward to more.

I started my love affair with motorbikes back in the seventies growing up in the south of France and always had a ride of some sort, mostly japanese bikes then a stint with a Triumph Trophy 1200 wich I toured 2 up all over southern europe. After a 20 years hiatus, the sight of a Griso rekindled my lust for motorbikes and in 2017 I purchased a Griso and became a new(old) Guzzista.

The journey continues...

Hervé

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Speedfrog said:

Ciao a Tutti.

I just recently became the new owner of a beautiful 2004 V11 Café Sport and I'm very excited to be here amongst fellow enthusiasts. I've already started to gather as much knowledge as I can from you all and looking forward to more.

I started my love affair with motorbikes back in the seventies growing up in the south of France and always had a ride of some sort, mostly japanese bikes then a stint with a Triumph Trophy 1200 wich I toured 2 up all over southern europe. After a 20 years hiatus, the sight of a Griso rekindled my lust for motorbikes and in 2017 I purchased a Griso and became a new(old) Guzzista.

The journey continues...

Hervé

Welcome! Gather OEM/NOS parts...

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, dbarb3 said:

2002 Champagne Lemans has found its way to my barn

Installing a few farkles and new tires

David

A champagne Lemans...now that is a gorgeous machine. Photos of the new baby, please?

1 hour ago, dbarb3 said:

2002 Champagne Lemans has found its way to my barn

Installing a few farkles and new tires

David

Congratulations!

Amend your V11 moniker to V11 Le Mans... we are very posh here :P

Although this is not the place for it, do tell us what tyres/tires brand and make you chose to shoe your Le Mans with. There is a thread for it.

Just like about everything else, such as oil, there are a lot of opinions and rationales to pick one or the other rubber.

Retro bikes are picking up their paces. A lot of former glorious brand whether UK or Japan based are releasing more of the variation of their old best sellers.

It is only a matter of time before Piaggio decides to use their new power plant into a Le Mans themed bike!!!!

• 6 months later...

Hey All,

I've just picked up a 2000 V11 Sport with Magni fairing after lusting after one for years. I've been riding for 13 years, starting on a Honda CM400. I've had a VFR, KTM 640 Adv, Versys and Buell XB. The V11 joins the current stable of a 2014 Ducati Hyperstrada and 2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 (My girlfriend's).

Caught the Guzzi bug from my dad who's had an Eldorado, California, Convert, 750s, Breva, Quota, Nuovo Falcone at various times.

Looking forward to meeting you all and plumbing the depths of knowledge and information archived in these forums.

If you're in Eastern Ontario or West Quebec hit me up for a ride or a beer sometime, but never both together.

Cheers, 

Sam52177220387_aff850bc48_k.jpg52177219857_5ca8e56718_h.jpg

• Like 10

Welcome from the Land of Evil Spirits!

Kindly note that all known and some unknown issues with V11s have all been solved here - or at least made workable.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, samdroid said:

Hey All,

I've just picked up a 2000 V11 Sport with Magni fairing after lusting after one for years. I've been riding for 13 years, starting on a Honda CM400. I've had a VFR, KTM 640 Adv, Versys and Buell XB. The V11 joins the current stable of a 2014 Ducati Hyperstrada and 2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 (My girlfriend's).

Caught the Guzzi bug from my dad who's had an Eldorado, California, Convert, 750s, Breva, Quota, Nuovo Falcone at various times.

Looking forward to meeting you all and plumbing the depths of knowledge and information archived in these forums.

If you're in Eastern Ontario or West Quebec hit me up for a ride or a beer sometime, but never both together.

Cheers, 

Sam52177220387_aff850bc48_k.jpg52177219857_5ca8e56718_h.jpg

Welcome, Sam! You are in the right place to bond with your V11 !

That Magni-faired V11 reminds me of our Nova Scotia member @Gio 's Sport that he sold two years ago.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...