'04 Ballabio- 15k mi. update

Guest Dave Pott

Guest Dave Pott

This kind-of a response to Nogbad and his Guzzichondriac thread.

Maybe I'm just lucky and this bike was made on the correct day and at the best work station with the correct parts bins. OR, maybe Moto Guzzi got its quality assurance "act" together for the 2004 bikes. I don't know, but this much I DO know.....my red Ballabio has been the SHIZNIT! :thumbsup:

Of the 15k miles, probably 80%+ has been hard mountain riding :race: After a little break-in period I've been hammering this thing relentlessly. I mostly spin it to 5,000+ rpm before shifting and usually try to ride it in a spirited manner on variable road quality(some of these back roads have'nt seen a good road crew in awhile!)

The only problems I've had in those 15k mi. has been 3 flat tires(nails & screws) and a busted front turn signal when I dropped on my steep gravel drive -way :blush: It continues to shift perfect, has great brakes and never seems to use up much oil. Hell, even the speedo is accurate :huh2:

So, if anyone is lurking here trying decide if Guzzi is right for them...re-read this topic :mg:

I don't know, but this much I DO know.....my red Ballabio has been the SHIZNIT! :thumbsup:

Of the 15k miles, probably 80%+ has been hard mountain riding :race: After a little break-in period I've been hammering this thing  relentlessly.  I mostly spin it to 5,000+ rpm before shifting and usually try to ride it in a spirited manner on variable road quality(some of these back roads have'nt seen a good road crew in awhile!)

48606[/snapback]

What the heck is SHIZNIT? Also if you shift at 5000+, why do you short shift?

Guest Nogbad

Theres nothing gone wrong with my 00 either. If it hadn't been for this forum I would have been blissfully ignorant of the need for a tranny recall too. My only problem is reading about all the things that can break!

I am going to check this rear needle bearing at the weekend and expect to find it in perfect condition.

Guest Dave Pott
What the heck is SHIZNIT?

It is an African-American street slang meaning something is good. Just another case of a white boy(me) trying to be cool by using street lingo B)

Also if you shift at 5000+, why do you short shift?

What do you mean by this, please explain. Yes, I am a bit of a novice rider and ignorant of many things motorcycle :blush: ....is short shifting something bad??

Theres nothing gone wrong with my 00 either.

I am going to check this rear needle bearing at the weekend

and expect to find it in perfect condition.

48648[/snapback]

Shall we lay bets? :luigi:

Also if you shift at 5000+, why do you short shift?

What do you mean by this, please explain. Yes, I am a bit of a novice rider and ignorant of many things motorcycle blush.gif ....is short shifting something bad??

Guzzi's are great booming handful of fun between 5000 rpm and redline. I almost never get above 4200 rpm for around town though, partially to save fuel, but mostly to save wallet as tickets are prohibitively expensive. But up in the mountains - ohboy ohboy ohboy... :mg: