replacing license plate/rear lights assembly

Guest whart

Guest whart

Not sure what you call this part, it's the plastic tray that holds the rear brake light, the rear turn signals and the license plate, but it strikes me as an unnecessary, and frankly, ugly, thing. For Ducati, there are various aftermarket kits that enable you to simply reinstall the lights and license plate after this piece is removed with a few pieces of aluminum hardware. For the V-Rod, it wasn't a kit, but got rid of it just the same, and installed the rear lamps/license plate frame elsewhere. Any suggestions?

(Apologies in advance if this is a constant topic- my searches yielded nothing. This part, in V-Rod land, is sometimes referred to as a 'dog's-ass' and in the Ducati aftermarket, is simply referred to as a tailpiece eliminator).

Guest whart

My apologies, just found the links to this very subject in the FAQs. Any preferences on ease of installation/aesthetics?

And you've had this bike for how many minutes?

He's one of us !!

Whart.. I've got the FBF kit on my bike.. I think it looks great, but I've got my doubts about the daytime brightness of the taillight.. I wish it was a bit brighter.

Lemme know if you want me to post a photo.

Cheers, Tim

He's one of us !! 

Whart..  I've got the FBF kit on my bike..  I think it looks great, but I've got my doubts about the daytime brightness of the taillight..  I wish it was a bit brighter.

Lemme know if you want me to post a photo.

Cheers, Tim

50072[/snapback]

Post the photo Tim :!: :lol: I have the tekno bag setup on my bike, but I may be willing to switch if its pretty enough

Guest whart

Yes, Tim, Please? (As to not waiting for changes, hmmm- ordered Staintunes, Stucchi X-ver, Argal adjustable foot controls, a PCIII and a set of Williamsville risers). The stock seat is suprisingly comfortable. I don't ride at night so the HID headlight thing is not high on my list, and everything else that comes with the bike looks pretty good right out of the box.

BTW, there is a steering damper, it's hidden behind the faring.

Also looking for 3M or equivalent transparent film to use as a tank protector, since the fake carbon fibre ones are not my cup of tea. Does anybody make transparent ones that are pre-cut for the Guzzi tank? (It's easy enough to get it made by an installer, but that means I've got to get the bike to some godforsaken place in New Jersey...).

Thanks, all. :luigi:

Yes, Tim, Please? (As to not waiting for changes, hmmm- ordered Staintunes, Stucchi X-ver, Argal adjustable foot controls, a PCIII and a set of Williamsville risers). The stock seat is suprisingly comfortable. I don't ride at night so the HID headlight thing is not high on my list, and everything else that comes with the bike looks pretty good right out of the box.

BTW, there is a steering damper, it's hidden behind the faring.

Also looking for 3M or equivalent transparent film to use as a tank protector, since the fake carbon fibre ones are not my cup of tea. Does anybody make transparent ones that are pre-cut for the Guzzi tank? (It's easy enough to get it made by an installer, but that means I've got to get the bike to some godforsaken place in New Jersey...).

Thanks, all. :luigi:

50077[/snapback]

Yes there are some threads for the clear tank protectors here somewhere...I'll take a look. Just use the search & type in tank bra or tank protector. There are several links to different websites to get that product

Transparent Tank Protectors:

..... I worked with them a couple years back to develop a better fitting version for the V11 tanks.  So in theory, their newer kit is better than the older smaller version.

al

50085[/snapback]

Dear Mr. Rottenburger

You must come and work with us. We quite simply can't design the right fit for our tank. As you can see, we can't think 'out of the box' and keep cutting our tank protector in straight lines and little squares. It don't half look a mess. We hear that you're a whacky sort of chap and might be just the sort of johnny who could make this stuff fit our tanks. We're desperate to make 'em transparent, you see, (or not - if you're successful). Do the right job – and there's a medal in this.

Yours commandingly

General Fotheringay-Beagle

chief.JPG

Dear Mr. Rottenburger

You must come and work with us. We quite simply can't design the right fit for our tank. As you can see, we can't think 'out of the box' and keep cutting our tank protector in straight lines and little squares. It don't half look a mess. We hear that you're a whacky sort of chap and might be just the sort of johnny who could make this stuff fit our tanks. We're desperate to make 'em transparent, you see, (or not - if you're successful). Do the right job – and there's a medal in this.

Yours commandingly

General Fotheringay-Beagle

chief.JPG

50088[/snapback]

..... I don't know what you are talking about, I don't see a tank anywhere in that photo :rolleyes: