Full Touring Fairing for V11?

Guest Ken Bruce

Guest Ken Bruce

i want to fit a touring fairing - powerbronze voyager or maybe a used BMW version? has anyone done this yet?

If you did not want your bike to become too ugly you could fit a V11 Le Mans fairing and keep the Guzzi looks.

I have found it fine for motorway work and you can get a taller screen from MRA if you want.

Guy :helmet:

I bet an old Rabid Transit fairing would look pretty cool on there.

52787[/snapback]

I'll bet it wouldn't. I've had one in the shed for two years and still don't have the cajones to actually see how it would look on a V11 Sport. Somehow, I just don't think it would look right.

I'm going to suggest looking at Pichler Motorcycle fairings.

Guest Ken Bruce
I'll bet it wouldn't. I've had one in the shed for two years and still don't have the cajones to actually see how it would look on a V11 Sport. Somehow, I just don't think it would look right.

I'm going to suggest looking at Pichler Motorcycle fairings.

52795[/snapback]

to help the conversation along... its not a standard V11 i've raised the bars to more like the old cali's and Converts used to be... maybe i should get one of those original screens and pop that on? any one got one anywhere for a fair price..?

to help the conversation along... its not a standard V11 i've raised the bars to more like the old cali's and Converts used to be... maybe i should get one of those original screens and pop that on? any one got one anywhere for a fair price..?

52819[/snapback]

Wanna buy a Rabid Transit fairing?...

Guest Ken Bruce
Wanna buy a Rabid Transit fairing?...

52845[/snapback]

if only i knew what it was? sounds like a ford van (transit - widely used white van for builders..) with a nasty disease that canines suffer...?????

if it'll look like a dog afterwards this may not be far wide of the mark??? post a picture and we'll have a grin at the concept? maybe bungie strap it onto one of your fleet to give us the full effect! England awaits!

Carl, I think that you should keep the fairing. :2c:

Who knows? You might be able to mount it to one of the dozen or so future acquisitions that retirement in Oklahoma will surely bring. If not, heck...you could mount it on the front of your Toyota pick-up truck instead of the usual longhorns prevelant in Oklahoma. Show them backwoodsmen how things are done in California.

But do not sell it to JRT :!: . He might attempt to mount it on his V11 Sport, replacing that nice R90S fairing.

Joe :rasta:

Carl, I think that you should keep the fairing.  :2c:

Who knows? You might be able to mount it to one of the dozen or so future acquisitions that retirement in Oklahoma will surely bring. If not, heck...you could mount it on the front of your Toyota pick-up truck instead of the usual longhorns prevelant in Oklahoma. Show them backwoodsmen how things are done in California.

But do not sell it to JRT :!: . He might attempt to mount it on his V11 Sport, replacing that nice R90S fairing.

Joe :rasta:

53070[/snapback]

It's in Oklahoma in storage and I can't get to it until mid August anyway. JRT - are you serious? I'm not sure that it's the best looking fairing for a V11 Sport and it is really large. Kind of old fashioned even. I think it has an eight track in it... :D

I'm serious, but I wouldn't put it on the sport. I do have G5 that it's perfect for...the lines match my sidecar.

Why don't you wait till you get settled in OK. If you ever decide to get rid of it, then let me know. I don't want to push you into selling something you would rather keep.

J

• 3 weeks later...
Guest oldwingratbike

post-1854-1119230869_thumb.jpgpost-1854-1119230727_thumb.jpgpost-1854-1119230727_thumb.jpg

i want to fit a touring fairing - powerbronze voyager or maybe a used BMW version? has anyone done this yet?

52727[/snapback]

Hows about a Rifle Sport ?

Got one on my old r75/5 works great , and has radio capacity....

I also have a Pacifico Aero that i'd love to find a Jackal to mount it on

• 1 month later...

52727[/snapback]

Luap, from WIld Guzzi has a Pichler fairing on his Centauro the PO had it installed. I think it looks pretty good on that bike.

Dean

sidecar2002.jpgGuzziJacTourer.jpgGuzziJacTourer.jpg

Hows about a Rifle Sport ?

Got one on my old r75/5 works great , and has radio capacity....

I also have a Pacifico Aero that i'd love to find a Jackal to mount it on

54483[/snapback]

Oh well. maybe practical.. BUT

those where really really ugly

if you don't mind me saying that

:rasta: