mirrors..

Guest dkgross

Guest dkgross

mmm...am I just too wide, or are the LeMans mirrors just not sticking out far enough?? Seems like all I see are my elbows and upper arms..

any options for extending the mirrors out a few inches?

actually got to ride for a few hours today. WHEEE. She does stall from time to time if I'm idling at a stoplight tho...

I could not see behind me with my V11Sports stock mirrors. I replaced them with Napoleon bar end mirrors and it was no longer a problem, but I have a new problem the image in the mirror is blurry at freeway speed.....

Some people mount the Napoleons to the brake and clutch lever assemblies. This reduces the blur, but I am not sure you can then see directly behind you. Perhaps someone could comment on that.

Others use hind sight bar end mirrors. Not sure how well they work, but many are happy with them. They look good and have an option for lane splitting.

I guess it just depends on one's stature/build... as I've heard and personally seen this complaint on any number of bikes, while with others it was just fine.

In the case of the LeMans, it's not really a problem for me. But I'm sure everyone is built a bit different, different riding position/style, etc.. and that makes a big difference.

...however I will say that in the few cases where I did ride a bike where mirror & elbows correlated... I was always able just to "dip" my elbow down a fraction of an inch when I'd glance in the mirror, and I'd see fine. Pretty soon it became an automatic habit that I didn't even have to think about any longer :)

So, before investing time and money on aftermarket mirrors... unless you're just hankerin' for some cool accessories :lol: .... you might see if a slight shift in riding position or just learning to move your elbow when checking your mirrors might be enough of a solution.... who knows?

Good luck :)

al

Same here...I just tuck my elbow in...take a quick look at what I just passed...then let the elbow back out.

also...having Italian liscence plates entitles me to use the internationally recognized "Italian driver's hand gesturing system". Other drivers see the Italian plates and slowly nod their heads as if to say,"Another crazy Italian. Dat splains everything". :lol:

If you want another suggestion use the mirrors off a centauro, I just put v11 sport bars on my centauro with the stock centauro mirrors and they stick out almost past the ends of the bars. should have no problems seeing around my elbows, I'll post pictures when I can "borrow" the camera from work.

:bier:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I use the CRG also . They give the bike that loong looow loooook. The elbows aren't seen but the little buggers are quite convex. Objects in mirror are WAY closer than they appear. Still, if you don't expect to differentiate between types of cars (you can tell if the blue lights are flashing!) you get use to the small images (daytime running lights help).

I had my bar end weights machined by a local shop to accept the mirror without an adapter. The mount is very secure plus I kept the damping of the original bar-ends( plus added an ounce of lead shot up each clip-on).

The machining added $85!!! but the reduction in vibration is just outstanding. If the extra $$ is worth it to you , I have a machine drawing dimensioned for the lathe work. E-mail if you want it.

---------------------

docc

2000 V11 Sport

Honda GB 500

98 Ford SVT Contour

V11_Owen_Hill_Rd..JPG

Isn't that tacky? It's the 'press to talk' lead for a two-way radio that I still haven't sorted out. But power mirrors.. hmmm.. is there horsepower in that?