UK Dealer Recommendations?

Orson

There are a few more UK members since I last posted this question.

My Tenni is in Shropshire and it could use a new rear tire and an oil change.

Can anyone recommend or warn me away from any UK dealers?

I hear there is an ex-Guzzi dealer in Shrewsbury that will still work on Guzzis. Anyone know anything about that shop?

Thanks for any help.

Cheers!

:bier:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nogbad

Although they are too far away from you to be of much use, I can recommend Max Moto in Bury St Edmunds.

Very enthusiastic, and always helpful over the phone, and cheaper than expected when I had some work done there.

I have heard other riders warn people away from Speedaway motorcycles and Twiggers.

I am in Yorkshire and can recommend Moto Strada but that is fair way from Shropshire.

If you could get the bike to my house, I would be happy to assist with an oil change (need to do both our V11s in the next few weeks) and take your wheel to a local tyre shop to get your rear changed.

Guy :helmet:

If you could get the bike to my house, I would be happy to assist with an oil change (need to do both our V11s in the next few weeks) and take your wheel to a local tyre shop to get your rear changed.

Thanks for the offer but, I'm currently w*rking in Saudi while the bike is stored at a friend's house in Shropshire. I'm hoping to get back up there sometime this summer and exploring Wales

this topic interests me a lot, no dealers in the republic of ireland, could anyone suggets a good one in northern ireland or in wales? around holyhead or Liverpool?

thanks

54909[/snapback]

Whilst we are on the subject does anyone know of a good dealer in Scotland.

thanks

No dealer in Northern Ireland. The 'other big John' at the Erin Rally recommended taking the bike over to Colwyn Bay Motorcycles in North Wales :huh2: .

Dont bother with Jim Allans in Falkirk. Nice enough folk, but not quite on the ball. I've heard of a place in Ayr- MotoEcosse or something but no further info yet.

54931[/snapback]

Hi, The bike needs its 6000 mile service and reregistered for its warranty in my name, jim allans is closest to me but i would go to motoeccosse if they are any good, I want to be sure that the mechanics are knowledgable and know what hey are talking about. Does anybody have any dealings with these dealers , good bad or avoid at all costs. :luigi:

I believe that the guy who runs the workshop at Moto Ecosse is Mel Robinson who advertises in Gambalunga.

I have never had any dealings with him personally but have read many good recommendations from other riders about his ability to get a Guzzi to run properly.

Guy :helmet:

Orson - let me know when you're over - try & meet up. I'm 40 mins from Shrewsbury. If you want to do jobs yourself I could help out. There is a shop in Shrewsbury just took on the Guzzi franchise - Pete Jones M/c. I've not used them but it's an established m/c shop - fraid that's all I know.

Colwyn Bay - yeh as BFG says Other Big Jon rides up from Cardiff to get them service his bike & is very happy w/them. Windchill on here also says good things about them. I've not used them, but they've been dealing Guzzis for a while now.

Twiggers - I'm surprised Guzzirider heard bad things. Mark there was the one who originally let on about the reason fore the pawl spring breaking, when no-one else knew sh*t. For that reason alone I'd think well of them. They do mostly Guzzis, look like they stock little else. They're helpful & friendly but I've not had any work done there so can't comment.

Corsa Italiana in London are very, very good, but not cheap & Moto Corsa in Dorset have been good for me.

KB :sun:

Thanks Baldini and others for the tips.

Baldini, maybe I can take you up on your offer and get a ride in if you can get time away from your family. It would be great to ride with someone who has local knowledge :bike: let alone another Guzzi :mg:

Cheers all :bier:

Xtreme

02891 812153

02891 819746

Northern Ireland

BT23 8NN

Portaferry Road - Newtownards - Co. Down

w.bailie@btconnect.com

found this among the official UK dealers on the Moto Guzzi web site. Anybody knows anything about it?

It would be the same time to go here or to Colwyn bay from Dublin, but I would not have to get the ferry.

Baldini, maybe I can take you up on your offer and get a ride in if you can get time away from your family. It would be great to ride with someone who has local knowledge  let alone another Guzzi 

I would recommend that, but you won't be taking in the scenery. I had to admit to Mrs Baldini that I had been concentrating on the vanishing points rather than the scenery in Ireland and Wales when out with KB.