UK Dealer Recommendations?

Orson

...Baldini, maybe I can take you up on your offer and get a ride in if you can get time away from your family. ....

Sure! let us know when you're over & if I can I'll get out.

...I had to admit to Mrs Baldini that I had been concentrating on the vanishing points rather than the scenery ....

So you should be!

KB :sun:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Xtreme

02891 812153

02891 819746

Northern Ireland

BT23 8NN

Portaferry Road - Newtownards - Co. Down

w.bailie@btconnect.com

found this among the official UK dealers on the Moto Guzzi web site. Anybody knows anything about it?

It would be the same time to go here or to Colwyn bay from Dublin, but I would not have to get the ferry.

55020[/snapback]

Er yes. This is an Italian joke.

Didn't know nuffin bout Moto Guzzi. Had one Breva 750 for a couple of years that they couldn't sell. How do Guzzi select clampet dealers? The enterprise is shut down now anyway. There is no dealer in NI.

The other place that used to be a GUZZI dealer, before Extreme took it over, still has an original green meanie V.11 on the showroom floor that he can't shift. Has reduced the price from £8k+ (joke) to £6,200 (splutter: ahem, I don't think so).

at the moment I am fine, I will probnably ride the V11 to dublin next september, and I will be ok for the next 5000 miles, I was just starting considering whom to refer to for the future regular mantenance.

• 10 months later...
Guest Buddy

Just had a 12,000 and new rear tyre at Moto Corsa (Three Legged Cross, Near Bournemouth). Well worth the 190 mile round trip from Devon even though it poured with rain on the way there. Superb service, attention to detail and precision by people who really know and care about Guzzis (Mike de Clifford). Also Moto Corsa share a building with Motomecca so parts are not a problem. :):):)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

try Jim Strefford in Worcester. Old style dealer, being going since God was a boy. First class, cheap, and they smother all fasteners with copaslip......

Guzz

There are a few more UK members since I last posted this question.

My Tenni is in Shropshire and it could use a new rear tire and an oil change.

Can anyone recommend or warn me away from any UK dealers?

I hear there is an ex-Guzzi dealer in Shrewsbury that will still work on Guzzis. Anyone know anything about that shop?

Thanks for any help.

Cheers!

:bier:

54888[/snapback]

• 1 month later...

I hear there is an ex-Guzzi dealer in Shrewsbury that will still work on Guzzis. Anyone know anything about that shop?

I'd just like to make a correction regarding the shop in Shrewsbury...Pete Jones Motorcycles.

I thought I'd read somewhere that they no longer carried Moto Guzzi.

This turns out to be erroneous information as they still sell Moto Guzzis.

I can't comment too much on the quality of their service as I only had a new rear tyre mounted.

They seemed pleasant enough and had the tire mounted and balanced in a short period of time while I waited.

Hayward's in Cambridge are really nice people. I saw a tremendous number of Guzzis there (compared to any USA dealers I've been to) when I visited the UK in June. Probably a bit of a hop from Shropshire though.

Hayward's in Cambridge are really nice people. I saw a tremendous number of Guzzis there (compared to any USA dealers I've been to) when I visited the UK in June. Probably a bit of a hop from Shropshire though.

Even further now as he's back in Palma, Italy :D

The best selection of used Guzzis in the UK is at Moto Strada who currently have 23 second hand bikes in addition to the new models. They even have a used Griso and 1100 Breva.

Guy :helmet:

Recently dealt with these guys for some spares good services and prices

• 3 months later...
Guest GUZZ1G1RL1974

:huh: I'm surprised to hear of being warned away from Twiggers, my hubby has used them for all his Guzzi servicing, bits etc for quite a while and even before he had his Guzzi and has never had anything but good things to say. Honest bunch of blokes who would bend over backwards to help he said. What did you hear then? It seems a shame to influence people's opinions in warning them away from someone without the facts to back it up.

I have heard other riders warn people away from Speedaway motorcycles and Twiggers.

I am in Yorkshire and can recommend Moto Strada but that is fair way from Shropshire.

If you could get the bike to my house, I would be happy to assist with an oil change (need to do both our V11s in the next few weeks) and take your wheel to a local tyre shop to get your rear changed.

Guy :helmet:

...seems a shame to influence people's opinions in warning them away from someone without the facts to back it up.

:thumbsup: I never had any work done at Twiggers but on the few occasions when I've been in or spoken with them, & in supplying bits, they've been helpful. The mechanic there was the man who first put us on to the reason pawl springs were breaking...when no-one else (it seemed) had a clue...

KB :sun:

Although they are too far away from you to be of much use, I can recommend Max Moto in Bury St Edmunds.

Very enthusiastic, and always helpful over the phone, and cheaper than expected when I had some work done there.

Max Moto are good if you have a fuel injected bike, beyond that they're a bit useless. Dealers I would only recommend Corsa Italiana in London and for engine work I would recommend Moto Corsa in Three Legged Cross in Dorset or Corsa Italiana. Both are extremely helpful for any problems, whether you turn up with a bike or just call for advice and have quite a few years experience of Guzzis. I'm sorry, but I don't really have any experience of anyone else with the exception of Haywards of Cambridge - I have issues with one of their mechanics who doesn't seem to know his job, or how to replace a gasket (either that or doesn't know what's on the service) and their head mechanic kinda runs hot and cold. Still not quite sure about them and probably won't be going back.

• 3 months later...
Guest carl32

If you fancy a ride to Dorset then try Mike at Moto Corsa, what he doesn't know isn't worth knowing, good egg all round.

If you fancy a spin out sometime give me a shout , I'm just outside Chester in Neston