UK Dealer Recommendations?

Orson

this topic interests me a lot, no dealers in the republic of ireland, could anyone suggets a good one in northern ireland or in wales? around holyhead or Liverpool?

thanks

How about Isle O Mann? I found the dealer there briliant when at the TT.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Down in Kent we have no one...far as I'm aware...I ususlly get my parts delivered from Motomecca and fit them myself, unless it's summat a little more involved and those nice chaps at Chambers in Maidstone have always been happy to help even though they're a Honda dealership.

There's quite a few Guzzis in the local area, I might try and convince Chambers to go for the Guzzi franchise if they're not tied into a sole agency contract with Honda...they always comment on what a nice bike my Cali is! :mg:

There was one dude in Folkestone...DHR motorcycles or summat like that...I phoned them up once, he had a Griso in and that was about the sum of his stock! :homer:

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Can't help with Any Dealers North of the border, or Ireland, but on the South Coast MotoMecca seem to know what they're about, also seem to always have parts!

Call Mike on 01202 822511

Trouble with the Aprillia dealers here that have taken on Guzzi, they know nothing about the older bikes!

Can anyone help with a service centre in southern Spain?, preferably somewhere well established.

Cheers

• 10 months later...
Guest Nigelrojo
Can't help with Any Dealers North of the border, or Ireland, but on the South Coast MotoMecca seem to know what they're about, also seem to always have parts!

Call Mike on 01202 822511

Trouble with the Aprillia dealers here that have taken on Guzzi, they know nothing about the older bikes!

Can anyone help with a service centre in southern Spain?, preferably somewhere well established.

Cheers

Hi Snowy

I have been based near Malaga for 8 years now. There used to be a small Guzzi dealer in Torremolinos but they shut down 5 years ago. The dealership was then supposedly taken on by Lanzat Motos in central Malaga (Ducati dealer), but I have never seen a Guzzi in there. I have bought some filters from them but I don't think I would trust them with my bike... The result is, I now do all the work on my Cali myself. If you need a hand servicing your bike then let me know. I work offshore so am only there half the time.

Nigel

There is a dealer in Granada, although dealer might be a bit kind.

It was more of a ramshackle garage with a Moto Guzzi sign on front. No showroom whatsoever, just a collection of ancient bikes of all brands.

still, they managed to fit me with a new rear tire :D

• 1 year later...

Well I have just booked my bike in for its service with moto eccosse, will tell you how i got on with them next week :mg:

Hi

this is my experience:

Jim Strefford, Worcester - superb, a real motor engineer, did a full rebuild of my engine and gearbox under the A and B warranty recalls and did a superb job. Father and son are both very pleasant. My friend Mr Luty had his bike serviced there and although not cheap they did a good job. Last exepereince 2004.

Colwyn Bay - geat people, no longer do Guzzis as they got fed up with not being paid for warranty work (I have heard that story many times). Howver when they were, they did 5 separate warrnty repairs, including one where they bought the part from Motor Mecca ratherthan keep me off the road. One of the mechanics is ex-Woody's of Abergele, and after every service my bike felt great. This was in 2000 though.

Agostini's, Mandello - I know no-one will vsist them, but when my rear shock blew in Hungary, they fitted a new one without paperwork, all arranged over the phone. This was when Alis was running it, but they seem just as good now.

Speedaway - like some here, have heard some bad stories but no experience.

Having said all that, the V11 is so easy to service, there is no point in taking it to a dealer unless you are very short of time, don't feel confident technically, or just unenthusiastic about spannering. Personally I'm glad there are people who feel like this as it supports the dealers, who, at the end of the day, supply us with FOC advice, parts as quickly as possible and all the other bits we expect to get just down the road. Gentlemen, I salute you!

Cheers

Guzz

Heres my input, FWIW.

I use Speedaway all the time, for parts and for new bikes, and although I've not had any mechanical work done there, (except for obligatory 1st services) prefering to do all my general work myself, I,ve found them nothing but helpful,v.knowledgeable(if you ask the right person) and v.v.friendly. They always negotiate a discount on any purchase.parts,bikes or clothing.

The only downside is a lack of organisation sometimes(due to short staffing at times) and the overall setup is aimed at Aprilia,being by far the biggest volume seller. The Guzzi part is by no means an unimportant part and several sales people and others ride Guzzis themselves.

Sales Manager, Dave,loves Guzzis and currently owns an 8vGriso.

Rockingham Classics and Motorcycles are very nice.I've only spoken to the boss Mark on the phone and have never visited but I do order some parts from them (they have an excellent online ordering service including full parts listing with numbers, prices, etc as do Speedaway) and all

parts that I've ordered for the V11 have been delivered in 5-10 days, and they've had to come from Italy!!

Twiggers are also a lovely bunch of people.Very friendly.exceptionally knowledgeable and totally moto guzzi. (they only sell one crap make at a time!}

I've not bought a bike from them (was,but an H.A. put paid to that last year, but I can recommend them 100%

Oops,now I'm late for work,

hope above is helpful,

Andy Roo.

I've had no problems with Jim Allan's in Falkirk. Sorted all my warranty issues when required without any undue drama. Like many of the old-school joints they can be a bit chaotic at times but if something's been booked then it gets done.

My only experience with Moto Ecosse was when I was buying the bike I eventually got from Jim Allan's - and they weren't interested. Next time I contacted them I was looking for an H-pipe for the Calvin and Moto Ecosse advised me that changing it would invalidate the warranty on the bike. No sale again. :rolleyes:

Sandy Bloy in Perth are also able to service Guzzis. They seem a friendly bunch and very easy to deal with.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Guy Guzzirider, whoever warned you away from Twiggers must have some sort of agenda/ screw loose. :2c:

I've been a customer of theirs since '95 before they were a Guzzi dealer (about '99 I think) :mg: . I have never had anything but outstanding service. Not only is Twiggers (Loughborough) probably the best Guzzi shop in the country it's a top bike shop whatever make you ride. More importantly for this forum, Mark and Dave, the owners, both ride V11s (a sport and Tenni respectively) and know them upside down and inside out. They're one of a sadly dying breed a proper family bike shop who do it because they're passionate bikers :notworthy: . They can't afford to compete with the stack em high chainstores, but they know their V11s, make crackin tea and never take the piss on reapirs service or sales.

I get all my work done there and I live in Folkestone - that's a 400 mile round trip! :bike: And Loughborough is fairly central for most Englsh cities and easy to get to, just don't turn up expecting a designer show room with leather armchairs and cappucino served by Susanna reid :wub: (sorry I went off into fantasy lad there)!

Pete