Post a pic of your V11 - No words

orangeokie

I actually bought this bike from Steve S from this very parish , and I stripped the bike and carried out a little refurb to the whole bike. The headers were removed and I applied lots of elbow grease and metal polish on an electric polishing mop. Autosol is good for this .

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The Golden One

Here's a pic of my 2003 LeMans - She must have been a 'Grey import' as the speedo is in KPH & I had to tape the headlight so it doesn't annoy approaching traffic.
  • Like 1

sweet... and welcome! AND at the ACE! that color is in the '02 line up. has the black on the engine case bubbled up? has the metal reflector inside the headlight come off? they cover the center bulb and reflect back. it's odd that the low beam would annoy anyone.

• Like 1

it's odd that the low beam would annoy anyone.

Headlamp reflector for driving on the right side of the road . . .

Ahhhhhh, yes. and I should have added the color being in the '02 lineup...was for the US market. I love that color

• Like 1

sweet... and welcome! AND at the ACE! that color is in the '02 line up. has the black on the engine case bubbled up? has the metal reflector inside the headlight come off? they cover the center bulb and reflect back. it's odd that the low beam would annoy anyone.

Strangely not, the bottom of the oil pan is a bit flaky and the alternator cover could do with some TLC but that is about it ☺

Headlamp reflector is all present and correct - it is just for the wrong country . . .

Sent from my YOGA Tablet 2-830F using Tapatalk

Ahhhhhh, yes. and I should have added the color being in the '02 lineup...was for the US market. I love that color

Yes, she is definitely a 2002 spec with black forks & a strange rubber pad on top of the tank, but registered in 2003. I assume sales were slow that year.

Sent from my YOGA Tablet 2-830F using Tapatalk

Tank chin pad is standard fare 1999-2002. Take look at the tenth character in the VIN which reveals the actual build year. Also, on the left of the headstock, the actual build month/year are inscribed on the manufacturer's plaque.

Regardless, you have a very nice LeMans there! :mg:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

...love it! Where do you live? I have number 280 and am in Colorado..

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

...love it! Where do you live? I have number 280 and am in Colorado..

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Southern California.

It's amazing how different these 2 bikes behave. Both 2002s. Two different animals.