Post a pic of your V11 - No words

orangeokie

7 minutes ago, Locky said:

Wow that was quick - Im trying to setup an account with these guys you recommend - $11 dollars for a year seems cheaper than a lollipop. Will be doing my best to master the tech. Grazie again Locky

+1. Far easier and better to create, manage and upload than all others I have sampled.

>Well Guys, like I said I struggle with the webby stuff and spent a half hour emailing/downloading/downsizing/creating an album blahblahblah then the tech tells me I can only send so many bits of data - Doh to quote your man Homer-so ye are gonna get a one off snap of a very special Griso based machine snapped in Stafford Show UK a few weeks back - the builder whose name I didn't get is standing behind the beasty. Its bedtime here so I will have another go tomorrow at sending on a snap or two of my V11 Le Mans rumbling around an old Irish road race venue that now hosts a recreation of the old event, last held in 1967. The Stafford Show is well worth a visit if you happen to be going to the UK in either April or October as it runs twice yearly and all sorts of odd things surface there.

Griso Special.JPG

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for going to the trouble to put up your snaps, Locky! :thumbsup:

Looks like you managed to upload it directly to the V11 Forum, so yeah, that takes a good bit of reducing the size and such. It is likely now in your "Attachments" viewable in your profile. The Forum's "Gallery" is another way to post images, but still works better when images are hosted offsite.

Curious who the "tech" is who helped you through email to get it done . . . :nerd:

They were probably seeking a feather in their hat rather than a money pit. Aprilia had done a lot of heavy lifting for them and they appear to be coasting on the "Italian Harley" theme - as profane as that is.

On 11/19/2019 at 3:19 PM, po18guy said:

They were probably seeking a feather in their hat rather than a money pit. Aprilia had done a lot of heavy lifting for them and they appear to be coasting on the "Italian Harley" theme - as profane as that is.

YUCK

• Like 1

On 11/20/2019 at 7:57 AM, Nihontochicken said:

So why can't Piaggio do something like this???????????????????  

Griso Special.JPG

Because its a totally pointless motorcycle on anything other than a race track and even then would be totally outgunned by any other one litre sports bike. Don't get me wrong I love the look of the thing and it would be fun on the track (until it wore you out wrestling around the weight and semi trailer wheel base) but by the time you add all the stuff it would need to become a registerable road bike it would look and perform completely differently.

Guzzi dint make money selling the MGS01 I can guarantee you that.

Ciao

• Like 1

Well, not exactly like that. Maybe a pseudo MGS-01 that was reasonable, road-legal and 'semi' affordable. 100HP. 450+/- Pounds. They could easily do it. They simply choose not to. So, if we are not into adventuring, touring or cruising, we are stuck with V11s. I'll readily admit that there are much worse places to be stuck.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, po18guy said:

Well, not exactly like that. Maybe a pseudo MGS-01 that was reasonable, road-legal and 'semi' affordable. 100HP. 450+/- Pounds. They could easily do it. They simply choose not to. So, if we are not into adventuring, touring or cruising, we are stuck with V11s. I'll readily admit that there are much worse places to be stuck.

What he said.  The MGS-01 was perhaps "a bridge too far".  But there hasn't been a sport/touring bike yet out of Guzzi to match the styling of the V11.  Power, yes.  Handing, I suppose.  Styling, no way.  Strange that Piaggio should push the new path of adventure touring mis-marked by the Stelvio with the entirely new engine and chassis of the V85.  Why not instead simply put the Stelvio engine in an updated V11 frame and body work?  Maybe not ideal, but surely a cost-effective step in the right direction.  Sigh.

I posted this elsewhere, but across the street from MG at Mistral is the bike they could have made. A custom Centauro, but they killed that basic model off, too. Look, we're not going Duc hunting - we just want lighter therefore quicker, handling and some looks. It's OK if it's a parts bin bike.

Hello, Piaggio??? Anyone home?

Screen%20Shot%202019-11-14%20at%204.46.3

• Like 1

On 11/25/2019 at 2:41 PM, po18guy said:

I posted this elsewhere, but across the street from MG at Mistral is the bike they could have made. A custom Centauro, but they killed that basic model off, too. Look, we're not going Duc hunting - we just want lighter therefore quicker, handling and some looks. It's OK if it's a parts bin bike.

Hello, Piaggio??? Anyone home?

Screen%20Shot%202019-11-14%20at%204.46.3

Guzzi needs a flagship sportbike. But Piaggio is angling Guzzi to be a retro and cruiser line. But what they can do is make a Guzzi retro sportbike. They can call it "Lemans". It would be amazing.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Rox Lemans said:

Guzzi needs a flagship sportbike. But Piaggio is angling Guzzi to be a retro and cruiser line. But what they can do is make a Guzzi retro sportbike. They can call it "Lemans". It would be amazing.

The pictured bike is basically a body kit for the Centauro. Yeah, it's got Ohlins, but being made from an existing line, upgraded components could be added while keeping the cost somewhat reasonable. And I know it's a matter of national pride, but why not let the Japanese do the electrics? 

• Like 1