Post a pic of your V11 - No words

orangeokie

On March 30, 2020 at 8:48 PM, Lucky Phil said:

My attention was drawn in that image to the wall art of "Prince" from the movie Purple Rain. Anyone that thought he was stylish or cool had their bubble burst when he appeared riding that atrocious abomination of a motorcycle. All the cool and style instantly evaporated, like gasoline spilled on a hot engine and he is revealed for what he was, a scrawny, weird little dude in high heals. If you want to know how cool someone really is ask them what sort of motorcycle they own or aspire to own. 

PS great song writer though.

Ciao  

Youth is wasted on wasted youth. 

12 hours ago, gstallons said:

i really don't think this would be considered a motorcycle movie .

Quite, but the bike and Prince thinking he looks cool on it is the one and only thing that sticks in my mind, cant remember what the rest was about. I'd love to meet whoever was responsible for choosing that bike for the movie.  Its interesting how fragile the "cool" image can be. I mean David Beckham is most girls dream until he opens his mouth.

Of course some people can never be "cool". Even in a skin tight flight suit and acing the Top Gun school Chads never going to make it:)

Sheik of Scrubby Creek kicks off Muster Main Stage | News Mail

Ciao

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

Quite, but the bike and Prince thinking he looks cool on it is the one and only thing that sticks in my mind, cant remember what the rest was about....

It was about Appolonia!

773229DA-A060-4F06-91EC-2E5144484DA4.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Let me break tradition by giving an introduction.  My hometown, Edmond OK, was named for railroad man the worked A,T&SF rail line before statehood.  It's my understanding that we're at 1200 ft elevation the steepest point on the line between Kansas City and Houston.  

F50D117466774E6E941B55630297B207.jpg

This mural displays a little of the town history.   At the top center "Old North Tower" at the Univ of Central OK.  I actually went to kindergarten in the blg, my sons got degrees there.  The brownstone building on right bottom is the old Citizens' National Bank.  When I was about 10 year old, riding in the school bus, I saw cops running towards the building during a bank robbery.  The RR station is long gone.  I remember as a child hearing trains and banging all night long as the RR crew "switched" train cars from train to train.

339BC533351B42E9B29A64F5A87942E3.jpg 

Edmond was also the town where the famous east-west Rt 66 crosses north-south Rt 77.  Hwy 77 runs from Mexico to Canada.  Truly the American crossroads.   This photo is taken a block south of the intersection.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Well Docc, Edmond has a few murals.  The is "Dali in the Alley".  No words until now.

My dad, he was 18 when I was born, worked across the alley as a meter reader and service tech for the gas company.  The company's office has moved out.

• Thanks 1