Post a pic of your V11 - No words

orangeokie

8 hours ago, docc said:

This one deserves some explanation, buddy!

Dali in Oklahoma?!?

Apparently, Dali is OK.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, docc said:

Anytime I ponder how big and heavy the Sport might be , I try to get a little perspective . . .

IMG_2196.jpg

What, you park in front of a V11 bevel box pinion gear docc.

Ciao

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

Why do the silver bike photograph so well. Beautiful light you've caught there docc.

Ciao 

In that lake shot, I love the way the silver of the water surface dances over the Sport.  :wub:

Somewhere along the line, I learned from pro photographers that silver is often chosen for automotive photo shoots as it throws fabulous contrasts and sets the lines of the design off while being "neutral" to color preference. :pic:

Also can be considered bland and pasty, but them are fightin' words! ;)

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, docc said:

In that lake shot, I love the way the silver of the water surface dances over the Sport.  :wub:

Somewhere along the line, I learned from pro photographers that silver is often chosen for automotive photo shoots as it throws fabulous contrasts and sets the lines of the design off while being "neutral" to color preference. :pic:

Also can be considered bland and pasty, but them are fightin' words! ;)

Yes docc water reflections can have amazing effect.

Interesting details on the silver and its photography effects. I've always been a bit confused as to why I really love the Sport in silver in images but it never seems to translate to the same impression in the flesh. Its been my experience on more than one occasion. Now I know why.

Colour is such an interesting subject from the perspective of highlighting or emphasising particular aspects or conversely minimising others but use of colour. I have no real idae about these things other than to know its real and an art practised by designers and artists. 

On my bike I knew the grey engine looked really good against the red Daytona RS bodywork but wasnt sure it would work with the Green.

Ciao 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

. . .  but it [silver] never seems to translate to the same impression in the flesh . . .

Yer wading into "bland and pasty" talk, there buddy . . .  <_<

Let me try and pull this out before my flywheel cracks . . .

IMG_2197.jpg

The Sport's shadow, alone, in this image, is worth a toast. Here is to all-y'all! :bier::drink::mg:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, docc said:

Yer wading into "bland and pasty" talk, there buddy . . .  <_<

Perish the thought docc. In reality my colour bias has always been to vivid colours and in particular to Blue. I've always known I have a leaning to vivid colours but about year or two ago I became aware of the fact that the last 3 new cars I have owned were almost the exact same coloured blue as my very first car( a 1962 Falcon, USA Sprint) that I spray painted that very colour in 1975. Back then it was a very brave choice. 

IMG_2034 - Copy.jpg

Ciao

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Alright, alright, the "moderator" ( :rolleyes: ) contacted me and said this was a thread about pics of V11, "no words" . . . my bad, I'll try to behave :unsure: . . .

IMG_2198.jpg

• Like 4

Perish the thought docc. In reality my colour bias has always been to vivid colours

And yet, you gave me no end of grief over my gaudy gaiters. (tm)

20160513_152528.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Chuck said:

And yet, you gave me no end of grief over my gaudy gaiters. (tm)

20160513_152528.jpg

Too much of a good thing Chuck. I'm glad you got the description right though, gaudy.:P

Ciao