Post a pic of your V11 - No words

orangeokie

7 minutes ago, docc said:

Oh, I have to agree. Every time I see "designer photo shoots" of sexy bikes they don't have ANY mirrors.  Certainly no registration tags and usually no turn signals/"winkers." Minimal lights and instruments, even.

Don't get me started how I think my Tekno panniers look like Cindy Crawford in muck boots and a slicker . . .:unsure:

Yes they always leave the mirrors off. Most road gear detracts from the look. The overall idea is to make the ugly stuff "disappear" as much as possible by either dimension or colour. If thats not possible then make really high quality and a "feature"

Ciao 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, docc said:

Oh, I have to agree. Every time I see "designer photo shoots" of sexy bikes they don't have ANY mirrors.  Certainly no registration tags and usually no turn signals/"winkers." Minimal lights and instruments, even.

Don't get me started how I think my Tekno panniers look like Cindy Crawford in muck boots and a slicker . . .:unsure:

I feel the same about hardtails and bikes without mudguards/fenders. 

But each to their own. Styling cues are individual otherwise we may as well be riding a honda 

6 minutes ago, knumbnutz said:

But each to their own. Styling cues are individual otherwise we may as well be riding a honda 

Hey! I resemble that remark! :sun:

cc3d3849-9112-4b02-a3e7-7ab7e1e534ad.jpg

19 minutes ago, docc said:

LOL.. nothing against Hondas as such, they are some of my favs like the V4 VFR800 98-01 model, but there are soooooooo many of them. Sort of takes the individual part out of it.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, docc said:

Personally I think Hondas are the quality yardstick for mass produced motorcycles and have been for many years. I was killing some time at a shopping centre about 4 or 5 years ago and was looking at a CBR1000RR parked there. The one with the Ohlins suspension and was impressed with its build quality. It was always Honda then Yamaha then Suzuki and Kawasaki quality wise for me.

I did own an RC30 for a while in the mid to late 80's and that thing was on another planet compared to my 1000 Hailwood replica that I also owned at the time.

More bar ends alas:homer:

Ciao  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

Personally I think Hondas are the quality yardstick for mass produced motorcycles and have been for many years. I was killing some time at a shopping centre about 4 or 5 years ago and was looking at a CBR1000RR parked there. The one with the Ohlins suspension and was impressed with its build quality. It was always Honda then Yamaha then Suzuki and Kawasaki quality wise for me.

I did own an RC30 for a while in the mid to late 80's and that thing was on another planet compared to my 1000 Hailwood replica that I also owned at the time.

More bar ends alas:homer:

Ciao  

Dang Phil,  you've had a lot of good stuff.  :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, LowRyter said:

Dang Phil,  you've had a lot of good stuff.  :thumbsup:

Yes I've been lucky enough to own a lot of nice bikes inc 3 Late model MV's and early GT Ducati and early 750 Sport Ducati and a factory TT2 Ducati a 888 Corsa Ducati, 851 SP2 Ducati,a Kawasaki Motoplast, A DB1 Bimota a couple of BMW K100's, 3 late model Triumphs plus a lot more. I've never actually sat down and counted or listed them up.

Ciao

41 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

Yes I've been lucky enough to own a lot of nice bikes inc 3 Late model MV's and early GT Ducati and early 750 Sport Ducati and a factory TT2 Ducati a 888 Corsa Ducati, 851 SP2 Ducati,a Kawasaki Motoplast, A DB1 Bimota a couple of BMW K100's, 3 late model Triumphs plus a lot more. I've never actually sat down and counted or listed them up.

Ciao

Yet, you still keep V11 Guzzi?

6 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

In the harsh light of hindsight I'm really quite mad aren't I.

Ciao

Of course. :grin: Not that it's a bad thing. Guzzis are about as "mechanical" as a bike gets. There is just something about them. :mg:

but.. of course I'm preaching to the choir.

Chuck, deacon

Church of Guzzi

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

In the harsh light of hindsight I'm really quite mad aren't I.

Ciao

Yes but you're entertaining as hell. 

Frankly, after spending most of the day changing the fluids on the EV.  Then missing a pan bolt, I feel like I must be nuts too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Chuck said:

I ran a pair for years on my bike. They also have a practical benefit as well in that they quieten down the valve noise a noticeable amount. Downside......a little extra weight.

Ciao

• Thanks 1