Post a pic of your V11 - No words

orangeokie

On 4/21/2020 at 7:22 PM, Lucky Phil said:

Very nice bikes except for the hideous bar end mirrors. Why the hell people run these I have no idea,they look bad and just add width to the bike you dont want. Like putting big rubber ears on Cindy Crawford. I ran a single bar end mirror on my Hailwood Ducati back in the 80's and was never happy about it but you couldn't buy nice std mount aftermarket mirrors back then and the Ducati mirrors were cheap rubbish. You can now though. look at the Rizoma mirrors on my bike, beautifully made small and discrete but still useful, almost perfect.

Ditch those things, no excuses for flappy ears on a bike these days.

Ciao    

We'd all do without mirrors if we could. too bad we need to see back there. many of the subtle ones are useless, and many vibrate. the stocker's are awful but work. someone invent a curved, pan rear view heads up display with perfect lighting please.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, footgoose said:

We'd all do without mirrors if we could. too bad we need to see back there. many of the subtle ones are useless, and many vibrate. the stocker's are awful but work. someone invent a curved, pan rear view heads up display with perfect lighting please.

The Rizomas on my bike work really well, just small enough to be discreet but still give an acceptable view and quality enough to last and not vibrate around. Part of the reason I mentioned them. They aren't cheap of course but as they say "long after you've forgotten the cost the quality remains".

Ciao

7 hours ago, paulnaz said:

Finally figured out the resizing tricks.    2000 V11 Sport.

100_7178.JPG

Have an ImgZeit account? Excellent image hosting, being very intuitive and easily managed. About $1 US per month. And none of this image blocking nonsense that we see with the "biggies"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As I mentioned in another thread, I'm happy with my CRG barend mirrors, tucked in, give a decent rear view, and one of mine even survived the V11 driveway drop test.  :o

CRGbarend1.jpg

CRG makes many other styles, link below if interested (no relation, my mirrors came with the bike when I bought it).

http://www.constructorsrg.com/mirrors/index.html

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nihontochicken said:

As I mentioned in another thread, I'm happy with my CRG barend mirrors, tucked in, give a decent rear view, and one of mine even survived the V11 driveway drop test.  :o

CRGbarend1.jpg

CRG makes many other styles, link below if interested (no relation, my mirrors came with the bike when I bought it).

I like these, only the 'lane splitter' version. got em on my Yammie. probly put em on the Sport

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Nihontochicken said:

CRGbarend1.jpg

What did you use to prevent the bar end from spinning? 

4 hours ago, Rox Lemans said:

What did you use to prevent the bar end from spinning? 

I've done nothing, this is how the scooter came fro the original owner.  I'm guessing it's just the amount of bolting force on the bar anchor.  When I dropped the bike on its left side in the driveway :(, the bar anchor joint didn't rotate, only the ball joint moved, enough to keep the mirror from breaking (a scuff on the rim only).

On 4/24/2020 at 12:48 PM, Nihontochicken said:

I've done nothing, this is how the scooter came fro the original owner.  I'm guessing it's just the amount of bolting force on the bar anchor.  When I dropped the bike on its left side in the driveway :(, the bar anchor joint didn't rotate, only the ball joint moved, enough to keep the mirror from breaking (a scuff on the rim only).

You got lucky. 😅 That bar end spins like a bizzo. I have CRG bar ends that I bolted on and they just spun from the rubber mounting to help with vibration. I've used teflon tape, silicone, epoxy, etc. I finally did a washer and some silicone which worded but not the cleanest way. I saw yours and hoped you had the answer..