Post a pic of your V11 - No words

orangeokie

17 hours ago, po18guy said:

What I have learned: It's not the pixels, as they are in the multi-millions - maybe billions for all I know. Anyway, I've read that the increase in quality comes from improvement in the plain old glass or plastic used in the lenses. An example: A friend showed me an iPad pic of an office with several people smiling for the posed picture. A compute monitor was in the background, but kinda fuzzy, I thought.

Until he zoomed in and I realized that the info on the monitor could easily be  read. Whoa!

Something that the phones do better than traditional cameras Is all the post-processing they do with the image that you never see.

So it’s not just that they are capturing a ton of pixels but what they can do with them afterwards.

But that discussion probably isn’t appropriate in the thread about not posting words.

55 minutes ago, swooshdave said:

But that discussion probably isn’t appropriate in the thread about not posting words.

Heh, well we've been blowing that up pretty much from the start! :grin:

Yet, in the spirit of the topic, here is the first image, posted oy Orson in July 2005 of his Tenni in it's natural habitat (the Alps!):

post_29_16266_Tusc04_040.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Greenies and Tennis are the two models that make me weak in the knees and tinglely "down there".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nearly fifteen years and 118 pages, I am impressed by how many of the older images still display (many don't). Every now and then, I enjoy scrolling through and looking at some awesome images that have been shared on this thread. Like this contributor, Daniel Kalal, who hasn't been on here for over ten years, but this image (on page 2) is just very moving, IMO:

photo06.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, docc said:

Nearly fifteen years and 118 pages, I am impressed by how many of the older images still display (many don't). Every now and then, I enjoy scrolling through and looking at some awesome images that have been shared on this thread. Like this contributor, Daniel Kalal, who hasn't been on here for over ten years, but this image (on page 2) is just very moving, IMO:

photo06.JPG

If it's got a Guzzi in it docc it's going to be moving all right.......................slow moving:)

Nice juxtaposition though.

Ciao

• Haha 1

Waiting (and waiting) for some awesome image of a certain Daytona-powered RedFrame from somewhere "down-under" . . . :mg:

I have an "advantage" over normal photographers because I don't have any depth perception. The world is 2D to me, so taking pictures is easy. I have some blue ribbons from photo contests using a pocket camera and/or phone. :oldgit: True story. :)

18 minutes ago, docc said:

Waiting (and waiting) for some awesome image of a certain Daytona-powered RedFrame from somewhere "down-under" . . . :mg:

Maybe I can wheel it into the driveway and take a shot. I'm a bit over waiting for stuff to arrive from OS. Ordered 5 weeks ago and still no sign...sigh.

Ciao

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Chuck said:

I have an "advantage" over normal photographers because I don't have any depth perception. The world is 2D to me, so taking pictures is easy. I have some blue ribbons from photo contests using a pocket camera and/or phone. :oldgit: True story. :)

My grandfather and another friend I had at work that races a Ducati both only had sight in one eye so no depth perception either and I've always wondered how they rode or drove and got braking distances right etc.

Ciao

• Like 1

Nice today, 14c. 0e48b7b5b2bb8fb551ad1e2a723db65c.jpg12dab4562b253817eea17ca8e0d9fb3d.jpg

Sent fra min SM-A505FN via Tapatalk

• Like 7

Yeah.. I *liked* Rosie, but couldn't see keeping her and the Mighty Scura. The guy said he loved Rosie and would never sell her. That lasted almost two years. :( Oh well.. I knew he was a flipper.