Post a pic of your V11 - No words

orangeokie

• 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, docc said:

You get these things tuned right, they'll run on just about anything . . .

IMG_3057.jpg

You use the Good stuff huh?..does it make it weave around when you fill it up?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Kostarika said:

V11 resting 2020

I saw this pic of Kostarika's V11 in his Gallery and rode all over the countryside looking for a place to take pics of mine.  What a great shot!

Thanks for posting this, Kosta! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

On 8/3/2020 at 9:58 PM, docc said:

I saw this pic of Kostarika's V11 in his Gallery and rode all over the countryside looking for a place to take pics of mine.  What a great shot!

Thanks for posting this, Kosta! :thumbsup:

Thanks Docc!

I rarely take pictures of the bike or use my GoPro as I feel the experience of riding is one to enjoy in the moment.  On that note here is a quick video of a morning commute to work 🤬

It was foggy thus the video quality, enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kostarika said:

Thanks Docc!

I rarely take pictures of the bike or use my GoPro as I feel the experience of riding is one to enjoy in the moment.  On that note here is a quick video of a morning commute to work 🤬

It was foggy thus the video quality, enjoy!

Thanks for the wake up!  For some reason, the first two bars of the song made me call to mind "Roberta" by the reverend Billy C. Wirtz - and I was briefly transported from Maine to Chromosome, North Carolina. Or it could be that I watched "Name That Tune" one too many times...

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

Have you seen the modern engine valve adjustment requirements? My Focus RS, 2.3 litre twin cam DOHC Turbo 350HP stock, no valve adjustment intervals at all. No routine adjustment ever required. Modern 4 cylinder Superbike engines are out to 40,000 klm plus adjustment intervals from memory, probably more.

Pushrod engines are more complicated. A basic modern twin cam engine has a cam chain and runner and a tensioner and 2 cams over adjustable buckets. A basic modern pushrod engine these days has a camchain (sometimes a tensioner) pushrods, cam, lifters, rocker arms, rocker arm pins or  "studs", valve clearance adjustment screws and locknuts, and we won't even go into the interior of the hydraulic lifters themselves with the closest tolerance components in the whole engine and highly sensitive to oil contamination.

I read the development history of the Gen111 series of Chevrolet engines and wondered why when they were starting with a brand new design they retained pushrods. The 2 principle reasons were, they wanted an engine for all applications from delivery trucks to a Corvette and so being compact dimensionally was a factor esp for delivery van type applications and the designers at Chev were to scared to go down the OHC route because they had no OHC experience to speak of and knew pushrod engines inside out. Lucky the Gen 111 family turned out to be a great engine albeit pretty poor in the hp to capacity stakes. 

Ciao 

[docc edit: This interesting discussion moved: TLM Guzzi ]

Good folks like @czakky and @JRD will be glad to know that proper "studs" are an integral part of of our anachronistic, basic, modern V11 pushrod engines. :mg:

Pretty sure these studs knew that already . . .  B)  :sun:

DSCN3121.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, docc said:

Good folks like @czakky and @JRD will be glad to know that proper "studs" are an integral part of of our anachronistic, basic, modern V11 pushrod engines. :mg:

Ha! I had some hair then!

I still lurk around every once in a while.

How the heck are you Docc?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, czakky said:

Ha! I had some hair then!

I still lurk around every once in a while.

How the heck are you Docc?

Still trying to rope you into a South'n SpineRaid, buddy! Pretty sure I wrote you a note, already . . . ;)

• Like 1

Safely moved all of the interesting discussion about the custom twin and so may excellent replies about technology and engines and such.

(Leaving the fragment about The Studs. They deserve it!)

• Like 2