Post a pic of your V11 - No words

orangeokie

5FAEE5C2-5285-44AD-8E1F-4B905EAE885A.jpeg

After too many weeks of limited in town riding, I took the Green Muse up San Gabriel Canyon / Hwy 39. It’s a lovely November day, and it felt great to hammer up and down a canyon! As usual, she ran flawlessly. But I think I’ve lost some of my handlebar vibe acclimation!

• Like 5

22715210-1870-4225-8703-866CB50EB40E.jpeg

Another look: Ain’t she sweet? So what will the bright lads and gals at Moto Guzzi / Piaggio do to bring in the 100th anniversary? Will they give us a new bike with this fire, this visceral riding machine?

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Chuck said:

This is normally the time I start to think about going out to SoCal for 1000 miles or so of canyon riding. Not this year.. :bbblll:

Chuck, the weather has been outstanding and the traffic is still lighter than usual. The fires have been rough. Much of the crest / Hwy 2 was shut down for a while.

On 11/17/2020 at 11:47 PM, Kane said:

Chuck, the weather has been outstanding and the traffic is still lighter than usual. The fires have been rough. Much of the crest / Hwy 2 was shut down for a while.

I normally spend my time in the Winter in the Santa Monicas. Old riding buddy, Guzzi Bob(RIP) :( lived near the crest. We rode literally thousands of miles together. 11534019974_d1038ead9e_k.jpg

I still miss him when I go out to SoCal..

Edited by Chuck
test
  • Like 4

I used to ride the Crest ( hwy2) to Newcomb's 3-4 days a week in my 30's and 40's...when I was self employed and  a member of Pro-Italia clubhouse ( Italian bikes only)..I miss it a lot..and I miss my old riding buddies, I was down last week an saw some of them who have been riding it weekly since the early 60's ..a couple of the guys in their mid to LATE  70's with newer Italian Superbikes and they still get together and ride the crest  EVERY Friday morning, unless their is snow and they still go like a Bat out O Hell"!...:-)

• Like 5

Normally, when we are out over Xmas, you can't get much higher than Newcomb's. That's why I stay in the SMMs. Certainly, one of my most epic rides was when Guzzi Bob, two other old farts :grin: and I lit up the crest from the bottom to the top. Perfect day, and unforgettable...

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Chuck said:

I normally spend my time in the Winter in the Santa Monicas. Old riding buddy, Guzzi Bob(RIP) :( lived near the crest. We rode literally thousands of miles together. [url=https://flic.kr/p/izdSim][img]https://live.staticflickr.com/3830/11534019974_d1038ead9e_k.jpg[/img][/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/izdSim]P1050729[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/107188298@N06/]Charles Stottlemyer[/url], on Flickr

I still miss him when I go out to SoCal..

I tried every way I know to get that image to display, but no joy. Since this forum is no longer seeing "BBCode", try using the "Embed Code" . . .

10 hours ago, docc said:

I tried every way I know to get that image to display, but no joy. Since this forum is no longer seeing "BBCode", try using the "Embed Code" . . .

Nope, that didn't work, either. Apparently, Flickr doesn't play well. I downloaded it, put it in Imgzeit :) and used "direct." I'll  try to remember. Thanks, Docc.

• Like 1

On 11/16/2020 at 3:09 PM, Kane said:

So what will the bright lads and gals at Moto Guzzi / Piaggio do to bring in the 100th anniversary? Will they give us a new bike with this fire, this visceral riding machine?

No.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1