Post a pic of your V11 - No words

orangeokie

My 2003 Black framed burgundy Sport is one of my favorites, the ride is sublime, and it feels just a tad more planted on high speed sweepers compared to the Red frames. I guess that’s the extra fame bracing of the black frame

7C6EFD13-B317-489D-B334-8D9BA554E901.jpeg

• Like 5

On 7/6/2021 at 6:54 PM, Guzzimax said:

My 2003 Black framed burgundy Sport is one of my favorites, the ride is sublime, and it feels just a tad more planted on high speed sweepers compared to the Red frames. I guess that’s the extra fame bracing of the black frame

7C6EFD13-B317-489D-B334-8D9BA554E901.jpeg

Perhaps more the additional 19mm (3/4") wheelbase? (Along with the lower bracing and additional front and rear subframe cross bracing.)

What a fine stable, Guzzimax! Thanks for sharing them with us!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

29c today, NOT normal up here. IPA time, for sure.
Cheers Tom 6f6e42698c5e6823f00d347ea46b0f5f.jpg7d5cf0c3367a87fae5548885eecc000d.jpg

Sent fra min SM-A505FN via Tapatalk

• Like 12

2 hours ago, Tomchri said:

29c today, NOT normal up here.

104F felt here in Tejas... 40 degC. I wear the full PPE when I ride, and it really feels like you are being in a casserole....

• 2 weeks later...

A better view of the 1299:

0B2711DB-C3D8-4D1D-B7E4-388A2ABD8DD9.jpeg
You think your dry clutch is loud? This thing’s clutch sounds like The Gunfight at The OK Corral.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Great day for a ride on the Scura today, Fresh motor with FBF High compression pistons, Fresh Gearbox, RAM clutch assy, Lucky Phils shift improvement, and Chucks extended shift bracket,  Freshly powder coated motor and gearbox...Ohlins front and rear reworked with Ducati 1098 valving and springs, and steering damper rebuild  by a great guy ,Dan Kyle at  Dan Kyle Racing,  AND.. ...docc's Decent Tuneup was the cherry on top!!..She runs and rides beautifully.

Thanks to forum friends especially docc, and also Scud, Footgoose, Lucky Phil, and a few others for all their behind the scenes help and advice in my learning curve while pulling this all together over the past year!!!  All Great people!.

IMG_6260.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Kane said:

Pretty sweet! How many miles on the new motor? Your bike looks fabulous!  thank you!

450 miles on the motor..still breaking her in...

8 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

Looks very nice. I wonder which paint scheme looks best from multiple perspectives. They all look good depending but which paint scheme looks good from every angle?

Ciao

Thanks Phil..Obviously I like this paint , plus I wanted to make it mine. This picture doesn't do it justice on the fine details..my photography on a smart phone sucks  .....:bier:  Basically every part on the bike is new from top to bottom front to back...a good learning experience for me.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, KINDOY2 said:

450 miles on the motor..still breaking her in...

Thanks Phil..Obviously I like this paint , plus I wanted to make it mine. This picture doesn't do it justice on the fine details..my photography on a smart phone sucks  .....:bier:  Basically every part on the bike is new from top to bottom front to back...a good learning experience for me.

Dont worry, I've noted your photography "tricks" here. Nice mottled light, parked in the middle of a slight dome in the footpath so it reduces the ground clearance in the centre and gives a lower more squatted look and the wooden block under the side stand to hold it more upright so it doesn't extend the suspension for the same reason. I'm no photographer but I know most of the tricks. It's a nice image and the bike looks real good. I've always been interested in how colour influences the impression of a motorcycles shape and form . Motorcycle freelance designer Glen Kerr used to do a regular column in Australian Motorcycle news about 12 or 15 years ago, always interesting.   

Ciao     

• Like 1