Post a pic of your V11 - No words

orangeokie

8 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

Dont worry, I've noted your photography "tricks" here. Nice mottled light, parked in the middle of a slight dome in the footpath so it reduces the ground clearance in the centre and gives a lower more squatted look and the wooden block under the side stand to hold it more upright so it doesn't extend the suspension for the same reason. I'm no photographer but I know most of the tricks. It's a nice image and the bike looks real good. I've always been interested in how colour influences the impression of a motorcycles shape and form . Motorcycle freelance designer Glen Kerr used to do a regular column in Australian Motorcycle news about 12 or 15 years ago, always interesting.   

Ciao     

Glenn Kerr wrote a design column for Motorcycle Consumer News, as well. It was always the first I would turn to.

Automotive photographers, and marketers, have long used silver to accentuate body lines and perform an otherwise "neutral" (some would say bland <_< ) influence on the eye.

Screen%252BShot%252B2019-11-25%252Bat%25

As many of us have found, Legnano Green and black (especially satin) can be exceedingly hard to capture.

I cannot wait to see the images @KINDOY2 sends our way.  :pic:  Congratulations and welldone on that extensive effort and awesome outcome with your Scura, Sir! :bier:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, docc said:

Glenn Kerr wrote a design column for Motorcycle Consumer News, as well. It was always the first I would turn to.

Automotive photographers, and marketers, have long used silver to accentuate body lines and perform an otherwise "neutral" (some would say bland <_< ) influence on the eye.

Screen%252BShot%252B2019-11-25%252Bat%25

As many of us have found, Legnano Green and black (especially satin) can be exceedingly hard to capture.

I cannot wait to see the images @KINDOY2 sends our way.  :pic:  Congratulations and welldone on that extensive effort and awesome outcome with your Scura, Sir! :bier:

Yes I recall he mentioned the use of a black engine to centralise the mass and draw the eye to the centre, or something along those lines.

Ciao

11 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

Yes I recall he mentioned the use of a black engine to centralise the mass and draw the eye to the centre, or something along those lines.

Ciao

I'm not sure if this motor is actually black, but shows if your donk is big enough it's gonna draw the eye . . .

small.1367101016_DSC01218-Copy.JPG.913bb

(Another absolutely great image of a (very special) "V11": LuckyPhil's V10 Sport)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, docc said:

I'm not sure if this motor is actually black, but shows if your donk is big enough it's gonna draw the eye . . .

(Another absolutely great image of a (very special) V11.)

Thank docc. The engine is painted in "cast iron" colour and I like it better than the original lighter grey. I wasn't sure if it would work with the green but I think it does. With cylinder heads this big I think your eye is draw to the engine no matter what the colour.

I left the fairing and front guard in the natural carbon finish because I thought there would be to much green with the belly pan as well , but I dont know. If someone here is an ace on playing with graphics programmes maybe they could make an image with the fairing and front guard in green and i could see how it looks.

Ciao   

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

Thank docc. The engine is painted in "cast iron" colour and I like it better than the original lighter grey. I wasn't sure if it would work with the green but I think it does. With cylinder heads this big I think your eye is draw to the engine no matter what the colour.

I left the fairing and front guard in the natural carbon finish because I thought there would be to much green with the belly pan as well , but I dont know. If someone here is an ace on playing with graphics programmes maybe they could make an image with the fairing and front guard in green and i could see how it looks.

Ciao   

@swooshdave did some cool things with this a few years back. Even gave a Greenie sport at one point! B)

• Like 3

Most of my photographic efforts are fairly rubbish, I usually forget to hold the IPhone the correct way up, thus resulting in an inverted image

Shiny side down, rubber side up doh:(

FE620148-B74D-464D-B39A-E57AABA59673.jpeg

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Guzzimax said:

Most of my photographic efforts are fairly rubbish, I usually forget to hold the IPhone the correct way up, thus resulting in an inverted image

Great bikes :thumbsup: 

Cheers Tom 

Last weeks Derby area Guzzi meet (I’m on the black Griso)

We’re all upside down 

B96624E3-200A-4205-8B99-5AA37A2E72DE.jpeg

41 minutes ago, Guzzimax said:

Have you taken the picture in the zero gravity aircraft?

• Like 1

On 8/10/2021 at 7:17 PM, docc said:

(Another absolutely great image of a (very special) "V11": LuckyPhil's V10 Sport)

I'm in love with this Guzzi. Everything is soooo right about it.

6 minutes ago, VtwinStorm said:

I'm in love with this Guzzi. Everything is soooo right about it.

For your reading pleasure, @VtwinStorm:

A great chronicle, from beginning to now . . .

small.1087833373_9803062.JPG.3302dbfabb2

gallery_7936_218_75163.jpg

small.DSC01090.JPG.f6f9277c494dc17f8dc34

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, docc said:

For your reading pleasure, @VtwinStorm:

A great chronicle, from beginning to now . . .

small.1087833373_9803062.JPG.3302dbfabb2

gallery_7936_218_75163.jpg

small.DSC01090.JPG.f6f9277c494dc17f8dc34

The OHC 4V Guzzi VTwin. The holy grail of production Guzzi engines...drips with "exotic" since I saw them mounted in the old Guzzi Daytonas...just delicious.

I'm quite jealous.

8 minutes ago, Rox Lemans said:

That's pretty sick! And that V10 motor and tranny lined right up?

Eh, well . . . 15 months from the first post to the first ride combined with @Lucky Phil's considerable talent and skills suggests that the V10 Hi-Cam does not just simply *pop* into a V11 RedFrame. 

Probably the most subtle, yet impressively executed, V11 "custom" on the planet. 

small.DSC01065.JPG.4780a5cf2b583e501da9d

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2