Post a pic of your V11 - No words

orangeokie

3 hours ago, SFTripod said:

Here's my 2000 Sport, when I caught the perfect morning light....

dorothy (1).jpg

It's so beautiful! I bet it sounds the business, too!

Just now, VtwinStorm said:

It's so beautiful! I bet it sounds the business, too!

Thank you ! Yes, EVERYTHING about this beast makes me love it more. I had removed the baffles entirely, but, almost couldn't hear myself think....so, drilled two 1/4" holes in them & now has that sweet burble on de-cell.  

My Happy Place is now 4-6K rpm, in 3rd or 4th....just make sure you've got plenty of room. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, SFTripod said:

Thank you ! Yes, EVERYTHING about this beast makes me love it more. I had removed the baffles entirely, but, almost couldn't hear myself think....so, drilled two 1/4" holes in them & now has that sweet burble on de-cell.  

My Happy Place is now 4-6K rpm, in 3rd or 4th....just make sure you've got plenty of room. 

Yes, I understand she's a big girl and needs plenty of room to slow down. lol

Yes, I understand she's a big girl and needs plenty of room to slow down. lol

OMG, I just saw your list...You've got a grey SS ! BEST COLOR ! My 96 Sp is a sweet little thing, & the with Arrow's it's sorta "disruptive". It doesn't get out as much as the big one. 

I'm actually surprised at how nimble the V11 is, & how well it can haul it down if needed. My Z's can throw you over the handle bars if you aren't careful.....kitchen appliances, they are. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, SFTripod said:

OMG, I just saw your list...You've got a grey SS ! BEST COLOR ! My 96 Sp is a sweet little thing, & the with Arrow's it's sorta "disruptive". It doesn't get out as much as the big one. 

I'm actually surprised at how nimble the V11 is, & how well it can haul it down if needed. My Z's can throw you over the handle bars if you aren't careful.....kitchen appliances, they are. 

Yes, my unicorn, my crown jewel, my '98 900SSFE. Best motorcycle I've ever had the pleasure of riding...and I've been on everything but a Britten or Vincent. But the 900SS, what obtainable exotica! I'd attach photos, but I've nothing only 200KB in size!

I've no doubt the V11 is worth the wait! But waiting is always the hardest part, isn't it?

Yes, my unicorn, my crown jewel, my '98 900SSFE. Best motorcycle I've ever had the pleasure of riding...and I've been on everything but a Britten or Vincent. But the 900SS, what obtainable exotica! I'd attach photos, but I've nothing only 200KB in size!

I've no doubt the V11 is worth the wait! But waiting is always the hardest part, isn't it?

Yes, almost ashamed of myself for my SS purchase. It has 30K, but was purchased from the original owner with all records & completely intact, for 2K. All services performed religiously, even carbon bits still have their luster. 

I have had friends with V11's which I've worked on & ridden. Didn't quite prepare me for owning one. You hear a Ducati, you feel a V11. It just has so much soul. Regarding maintenance, a valve service may take an hour if you're taking your time. The odd little torquey "lunge" to the right only seems odd for a minute then you adjust. 

As for waiting....only for the right one. In your garage, a dark Scura might be the perfect choice. They are out there, and ARE well worth the wait. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SFTripod said:

Yes, almost ashamed of myself for my SS purchase. It has 30K, but was purchased from the original owner with all records & completely intact, for 2K. All services performed religiously, even carbon bits still have their luster. 

I have had friends with V11's which I've worked on & ridden. Didn't quite prepare me for owning one. You hear a Ducati, you feel a V11. It just has so much soul. Regarding maintenance, a valve service may take an hour if you're taking your time. The odd little torquey "lunge" to the right only seems odd for a minute then you adjust. 

As for waiting....only for the right one. In your garage, a dark Scura might be the perfect choice. They are out there, and ARE well worth the wait. 

I'm only picky about miles and condition/service history.

I'd love a champagne LeMans or "greenie" V11, but color doesn't matter... except red. I already have two red motorcycles...and one red car. No more red. 

I'm understanding more and more the appeal and soul of the V twin Guzzis, especially the big blocks. These bikes really are something special!

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, SFTripod said:

. . . You hear a Ducati, you feel a V11. It just has so much soul . . .

This. So well said. :notworthy:  :mg:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, docc said:

This. So well said. :notworthy:  :mg:

I'm a Ducati man, but I can love both Guzzis and Ducatis. They both offer so much over the more, erm, "obvious" brands.

• Like 1

I was all set to buy a Monster 1100 earlier this year (last of the air cooled), then this Greenie came up for sale, only 5K miles, and with a lot of money spent by the previous owner (new clutch, frame & swing arm powder coated, belly pan and lots more including a LeMans style bikini fairing that I’m yet to fit). The price was right, next thing I know it’s in my garage next to the others. The Monster will now have to wait until next year….

0E81B2A3-17A1-4A33-BFF1-BB87D4EAAF8C.jpeg

• Like 9

16 minutes ago, Guzzimax said:

I was all set to buy a Monster 1100 earlier this year (last of the air cooled), then this Greenie came up for sale, only 5K miles, and with a lot of money spent by the previous owner (new clutch, frame & swing arm powder coated, belly pan and lots more including a LeMans style bikini fairing that I’m yet to fit). The price was right, next thing I know it’s in my garage next to the others. The Monster will now have to wait until next year….

0E81B2A3-17A1-4A33-BFF1-BB87D4EAAF8C.jpeg

You made the right choice. M1100 is awesome, too. But that Guzzi...nice.

2003 Rosso Corsa, 04 Le Mans, and my 05 MT01 the Master of Torque

3E7C5F49-4519-4E46-943E-451680012541.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1