Post a pic of your V11 - No words

orangeokie

On 12/31/2021 at 9:01 PM, docc said:

Dear me. That Scura/ image/setting is gorgeous.

It certainly compares to the very first image posted in this thread by @Orson in 2005 . . .

post_29_16266_Tusc04_040.jpg

2D2A4005-5969-4902-B877-7493FC83576B_1_1

:notworthy:   Magnificent V11!!   :thumbsup:

:mg:

Are those Napoleon bar end mirrors? How do you get them to stay put? Gorgeous!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Guzzimax said:

3 x V11 Sports. 2 red frames, one black. All in hibernation in the garage, I hate winter 🥶 

67116C80-03DB-49B4-86C0-3B87DD6B5108.jpeg

Guzzimax, you more than live up to your name. I do think a Guzzi Daytona would really look nice in that flock of Eagles...

27 minutes ago, billgreenman1 said:

Are those Napoleon bar end mirrors? How do you get them to stay put? Gorgeous!

Scura black magic.

The nappies come with rubber bushings. I just shaved them down till they were a tight fit in the threaded bar ends. (bar weights removed). Then used the included hardware to compress the bushing. I've done it twice... first time I shaved down with a knife - second time I used the wire wheel on a bench grinder. Wire wheel was faster.

I think it might be possible to machine something to attach to the bar weights in lieu of the bar-ends, but I have not tried that.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Scud said:

Scura black magic.

The nappies come with rubber bushings. I just shaved them down till they were a tight fit in the threaded bar ends. (bar weights removed). Then used the included hardware to compress the bushing. I've done it twice... first time I shaved down with a knife - second time I used the wire wheel on a bench grinder. Wire wheel was faster.

I think it might be possible to machine something to attach to the bar weights in lieu of the bar-ends, but I have not tried that.

Now, if I can only find a new set of chrome Napoleons...

3 minutes ago, VtwinStorm said:

Guess what I'm ordering when I get home? 😆

Well, I'm on a waiting list...when they pop up, I'm getting a pair.

22 hours ago, Tomchri said:

Is there a smaller license plate on the Greenie ?         I do like a proper sized L plate if possible,  wondering where the guys decieding the size where when agreeing on it.   30 year old bikes up here can have a decent size plate.   Some countrys must have mixed up the busses and bikes plates or worse.        US size ++ looks correct on a bike.  Am I complaining on your plates Guzzimax,  NO, just saying a proper sized plate is the icing on a great looking V11, and other bikes, JMOO.   And hibernation is at least going in the right direction :bier:.

Cheers Tom.

Hello Tom, my Greenie has a small plate & a tail tidy. The previous owner fitted it, and TBH I quite like smaller plates as the standard regulation size UK motorcycle plate seems huge, basically the same size that is fitted to a bus! and many folk over here do fit smaller (non conforming) small plates to many bikes. The police usually turn a “blind eye” to small plates unless they are crazily small. My Griso and MT01 also have small plates that aren’t strictly absolutely street legal. My silver & grape ape V11’s have standard plates that seem huge for bikes and are basically bus sized !

8A311A80-DB35-4424-835C-AF876E54D320.jpeg

• Like 1

My silver V11 next to a friends Beemer are examples of the regulation size UK motorcycle plate. Note the old red phone kiosk, they were originally introduced in 1925, they are made from cast iron ! No longer used for pay telephones many were sold off a few years agoAE7509D5-266F-4B5B-BED7-A120C3420E46.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Guzzimax said:

My silver V11 next to a friends Beemer are examples of the regulation size UK motorcycle plate. Note the old red phone kiosk, they were originally introduced in 1925, they are made from cast iron ! No longer used for pay telephones many were sold off a few years agoAE7509D5-266F-4B5B-BED7-A120C3420E46.jpeg

Few things look so English as one of those old red phone booths.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Guzzimax said:

The cast iron kiosk, I know about, had one about 15years ago,  £££££ +.    Fitted good in with the Comando.   D hernia medisin. Weigh more than a V11 from memory,  which is :rasta:.   Plates,  decision makers probably hate bikes, and no clue about aesthetics.  At least we don't have to see it when we enjoy riding. 

Cheers Tom.

We often seem to finish a ride at the cafe by that old red phone booth 

9ECC9143-ECA2-4A84-B5EA-4FDC9ABB8A40.jpeg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tomchri said:

The cast iron kiosk, I know about, had one about 15years ago,  £££££ +.    Fitted good in with the Comando.   D hernia medisin. Weigh more than a V11 from memory,  which is :rasta:.   Plates,  decision makers probably hate bikes, and no clue about aesthetics.  At least we don't have to see it when we enjoy riding. 

Cheers Tom.

They weigh 750 kg !!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Guzzimax said:

They weigh 750 kg !!!

Built to last :mg:

Cheers Tom.

• Haha 1