Post a pic of your V11 - No words

orangeokie

What's not to like, and Davis since 1928. Found a bag with coffe beans in my mothers house, soon 99 , phone # 42 to the store. When was a 2 digit #' normal around ?. = Old beans.
Front Luigi part left.
Cheers Tom. fc04f9338f73f1b5653a7f8181a432b3.jpg9be83eebced78c43661a3133a089d71c.jpg

Sent fra min SM-A525F via Tapatalk

• Like 3

After being sorted a bit, she’s back to daily rider. An Ohlins shock, Racetech springs, and Road 5s (160 rear) are really working well. 95 is the new 80! That’s MPH, not my age.

6B81E1DB-E6B6-4F03-A42D-9C576096793E.jpeg

29D7A69B-432C-46F9-9ED4-256C45981C03.jpeg

• Like 9

@Tomchri It looks like your Nero Corsa has a Bitubo steering damper. Do you know if that was the original that came fitted to the bike? Mine also had a Bitubo and I assumed that the Ohlins unit had been removed. As far as I knew, all bikes with Ohlins forks also had Ohlins dampers.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Scud said:

@Tomchri It looks like your Nero Corsa has a Bitubo steering damper. Do you know if that was the original that came fitted to the bike? Mine also had a Bitubo and I assumed that the Ohlins unit had been removed. As far as I knew, all bikes with Ohlins forks also had Ohlins dampers.

Italians, probably ran out of Ohlins dampers and used what they had.

Ciao

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

No tell for sure. Came that way, and po never touched the bike,  always supported a Guzzi dealer. Bike has 44000km.

Also Bitubo on my Rosso C :rasta:.  around 63000km.

Phil has a point.

Cheers Tom

• Like 1

Thanks... interesting. My Scura came with Ohlins damper. It's a very noticeable part with just the small windscreen. With the full fairing, you can't see the damper unless you look right down into the fairing, so why not use a less expensive part? Who would notice? Silly me... assuming all the special models with Ohlins forks also had an Ohlins damper.

Further investigation... I just searched Google images and could clearly see a silver Ohlins damper on Scuras, Scura Rs, Cafe Sports, and Coppa Italias. All the Ohlins-equipped bikes with small windscreens had the Ohlins damper - out in plain view. Seems they just saved a few Euros on the fully faired Rosso and Nero Corsas by using Bitubo dampers where they would be hard to see. Very sneaky.

FYI - every Bitubo damper I've removed has had a sticky/spot in it. It's a small sample, but it's 4 out of 4 in my experience, including a low-mileage Greenie that I had for while. If you still have an original Bitubo unit, I think it's worth disconnecting the damper to test it's range of motion and make sure it's not working against you.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Scud said:

Further investigation... I just searched Google images and could clearly see a silver Ohlins damper on Scuras, Scura Rs, Cafe Sports, and Coppa Italias. All the Ohlins-equipped bikes with small windscreens had the Ohlins damper - out in plain view. Seems they just saved a few Euros on the fully faired Rosso and Nero Corsas by using Bitubo dampers where they would be hard to see. Very sneaky.

FYI - every Bitubo damper I've removed has had a sticky/spot in it. It's a small sample, but it's 4 out of 4 in my experience, including a low-mileage Greenie that I had for while. If you still have an original Bitubo unit, I think it's worth disconnecting the damper to test it's range of motion and make sure it's not working against you.

Took mine off, not missed it so far…

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2022 at 9:42 AM, Scud said:

The Bitubo on my '97 Sport came to me mostly empty and weepy. I opened it, drained it, rinsed it out with fork oil and filled with 10 weight fork oil, carefully stroking it and then overfilling and capping it sloppily to be sure no air remained in it. 15,000 miles later- 38k or so total- it performs flawlessly, with no sticky or neutral spots, nor surprisingly any leaks. Unexpected but I'll take it.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...