Post a pic of your V11 - No words

orangeokie

49 minutes ago, Kane said:

I love your Rosso! Does the Rosso tank sit taller than the Greenie tank? It looks larger, maybe it’s the camera angle.

Yeah, that image has an odd aspect ratio. Looking forward to more images of that V11 from KINDOY2!

3 hours ago, Kane said:

I love your Rosso! Does the Rosso tank sit taller than the Greenie tank? It looks larger, maybe it’s the camera angle.

Thanks Kane, you know when I first sat on the bike the tank looks different to me from either one of my other V-ll’s and I commented on that to the seller.. I’ll have to look closer today. I know what you mean though. 

2 hours ago, docc said:

Yeah, that image has an odd aspect ratio. Looking forward to more images of that V11 from KINDOY2!

I’ll take a couple more pics.. but even sitting next to each other they seem different.. When you sit on the Corsa the tank seems longer and narrower at the top... maybe its just the paint.. I’ll have to take a closer look. Cheers!

24 minutes ago, KINDOY2 said:

I’ll take a couple more pics.. but even sitting next to each other they seem different.. When you sit on the Corsa the tank seems longer and narrower at the top... maybe its just the paint.. I’ll have to take a closer look. Cheers!

Longer, for certain, and probably narrower toward the front extension . . .

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, docc said:

Here are a couple pictures I just took..the Rosso Corsa tank is definitely  shaped different than either the  2000 sport or the 2001 Rosso Mandello..those two appear to be the same.

Maybe its because their is no provision for a " Chin Pad" on the Corsa...the tank has more of an indentation where I  am holding the pen and rises up a bit higher and the "nose seems narrower .  My two cents!IMG_5080.jpgIMG_5081.jpg

IMG_5082.jpgIMG_5078.jpg

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Rox Lemans said:

Didn't the 03 tanks have an internal fuel pump? 

Yes. Tank differences. Just realised if you click the arrow in the top r/h corner it takes you to the actual linked page. Sorry I'm dumb.

Ciao

1 hour ago, gstallons said:

Buddy , it is a matter of opinion . My 03 has an external pump . 

There were quite a lot of 2002 “carry overs” like yours, gstallons, identifiable by the chin pad, white face Veglia, and rougher driveline black paint common to the ‘02.

Might be interesting to look at your production date on the headstock plate...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

Yes. Tank differences. Just realised if you click the arrow in the top r/h corner it takes you to the actual linked page. Sorry I'm dumb.

Ciao

I was hoping you found a way around it.. 😉

3 hours ago, gstallons said:

Well , I purchased a 2003 . 

Date of production is 06/2002 with all the trimmings of an 02 . 

I'm always confused about how the US denotes year models in cars and bikes. I can understand a bike made very late in 2002 being sold as a "2003" model as production is started for the beginning the following year but in my world something made in June 2002 is a 2002 bike. 

Wasn't there something about unsold Guzzi stock from the previous year being sold as next years models just because that's when it was sold and registered?

I've never experienced here a "new" next years model being made in the middle of the current year and on sale a few months later. My memory is the production of the next years model was started after the Italian August factory shut down when the tooling was changed over for the next years model in preparation for the return in September. Bikes were then on dealers floors depending on where you were late that year and into the first quarter of the next.

Ciao  

• Like 1