Post a pic of your V11 - No words

orangeokie

6 minutes ago, VtwinStorm said:

So is my Mk III MG Midget. 😁

Except for the fragile rear axles. The only car I've known to break a rear axle shifting between gears with the clutch in.  

Ciao

• Haha 1

Just now, VtwinStorm said:

So is my Mk III MG Midget. 😁

You have a MK 111 MG Midget :D

I’ve had a BGTV8 (with the Buick alloy V8) for the past 30 years. These days I struggle to squeeze into a B let alone a Midget. Too many 🥧 pies

BCDDBA8F-1200-4B19-8EAA-DAFA9489793A.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Guzzimax said:

You have a MK 111 MG Midget :D

I’ve had a BGTV8 (with the Buick alloy V8) for the past 30 years. These days I struggle to squeeze into a B let alone a Midget. Too many 🥧 pies

BCDDBA8F-1200-4B19-8EAA-DAFA9489793A.jpeg

I'm 6ft 1in...I fit in the Midget.... barely.

1 hour ago, Lucky Phil said:

Except for the fragile rear axles. The only car I've known to break a rear axle shifting between gears with the clutch in.  

Ciao

Hasn't happened to me yet in 6 plus years of ownership...but I also never rush my shifts.

Love this tiny sports car.

6 minutes ago, VtwinStorm said:

Hasn't happened to me yet in 6 plus years of ownership...but I also never rush my shifts.

I used to get around in one in my late teens, a Mk3A. This one broke on a very leasurely 2nd to 3rd shift with no clunk or bang just zero drive when the clutch was eased out. Changing the axle was a nightmare as the splines had distorted when the axle sheared and I needed to remove the other side and drive out the broken piece with a long steel drift. Clutches were also hard to replace as the gearbox tunnel is enclosed so the engine and gearbox need to come out as a unit. Getting the front tailshaft joint to align with the gearbox output shaft going back in was also not a lot of fun.

Ciao 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, VtwinStorm said:

Do share cars!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, docc said:

Do share cars!

Nice Jaguar, Docc!

I would add photos from my phone, but I don't have super tiny images...I will try when I get home in the morning...

2 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

I used to get around in one in my late teens, a Mk3A. This one broke on a very leasurely 2nd to 3rd shift with no clunk or bang just zero drive when the clutch was eased out. Changing the axle was a nightmare as the splines had distorted when the axle sheared and I needed to remove the other side and drive out the broken piece with a long steel drift. Clutches were also hard to replace as the gearbox tunnel is enclosed so the engine and gearbox need to come out as a unit. Getting the front tailshaft joint to align with the gearbox output shaft going back in was also not a lot of fun.

Ciao 

You know your Midgets! Yep! 😆

7 hours ago, VtwinStorm said:

Nice Jaguar, Docc!

I would add photos from my phone, but I don't have super tiny images...I will try when I get home in the morning...

The Jag was posted by @al_roethlisberger in our "Cars" thread in "Banter." I moved @Guzzimax's car post there (nice Bimmers, g'max!)

• Like 2