Post a pic of your V11 - No words

orangeokie

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Joe, just the luck of the draw really, I have however been humming and hawing a personalized plate. Im curious if anyone can guess what it means (its the name of my bike).....Nobody should feel bad if they don't get it, its somewhat obscure and only one person guessed it right away when I asked him, (he drives a new GTR, thats a subtle hint)

IMG_0363.jpg

• Like 1

excuse the fingers....my 4yr old took the picture.  cortech super 2.0 18L tank bag fits just right!

v11scura.jpg

• Like 1

Yup. 

Hit, again. This time it went over, (twice in two months) . By some miracle the tank wasn't banged up in the slightest, and neither was the engine guard. My Manic Salamander Bar-end and Additional Mirror Attachment saved the day. Even the Rizoma Mirror survived The bar is quasi-ruined and there is a very small scuff on the left muffler but It'll be ok. I may be buying a forum members set of reverse cones anyways, and I had already ordered a set of Woodcraft clip ons. SO...I guess I was prepared. 

This time it was hit from the back and actually dented the exhaust tip/tailpipe. I canvassed the building and posted about 20 bluff posters that I have a witness and security footage using that photo in the ad, will see if I catch they bugger. 

The headlight trim had fallen out too, looked like my bike had vomited, Poor Godzilla. 

I dunno whats worse, the bike on its side or that Pontiac with all that god awful chrome trim beside it. 

IMG_0453.jpg

IMG_0454.jpg

IMG_0333.jpg

IMG_0334.jpg

Called the Tank Shop today and they said they cannot make this tank unless they have the bike in the shop for mock up purposes to ensure proper fitment.  Has anyone been able to get this tank made recently and if so how did you overcome the issue of needing a bike in the shop?  Anyone local in that area able to take your bike there to assist with fitment?  That is one cool looking tank.

You might also try TAB 2 Classics over in merry ole England.  I'm pretty certain they have made aluminum tanks for Spine framed Guzzis.  I had contacted them when I was thinking of replacing the tank on my T160.  Their home page list a tank for a loop frame, hopefully they have the patterns for a spiney from a previous build. 

Was the bike in the photo owned by a guy in Tampa, Fl.?