Post a pic of your V11 - No words

orangeokie

I have yet to see the burgundy/purple tank in person.  How would you describe it?  Seems like the interesting V11 colors look very different in real life.  The previous owner swapped out the purple tank on my bike for a silver one.  Kinda wish I had the purple tank.  

Btw, the silver forks look really nice on the black frame/engine bike.  I might have to do this mod since I have a set.

And for giggles, while doing other maintenance on my ST3 yesterday, I installed green vents as a tip-of-the-hat to Benelli's silver and green bikes. Sort of like Docc's zinc-chromate green as tribute to Guzzi's colors as applied by Carcano.

IMG_7472.jpg

Nice one scudd, but I'm not sure about the green vents. Up there with Chucks red fork gators I think. The Ducati gods may take revenge on you:)

Ciao 

Hmm... perhaps I have angered the duck-gods. She gave me a crank-but-no-start right after this. Hopefully fixable this weekend, parts have been delivered. I'm not "sure" about the green vents either. But it's just a wrap that I could remove easily if I want to. Plus, I think it's a better idea than buying a Benelli Tornado. 

As for geniuses... they don't always dress well.  :oldgit:

Hey Scud...looks like the honeymoon is over :mg:

J/k, it most certainly is a simple fix.  I would be more than thrilled to have an ST3 in my garage too

I have yet to see the burgundy/purple tank in person. How would you describe it? Seems like the interesting V11 colors look very different in real life. The previous owner swapped out the purple tank on my bike for a silver one. Kinda wish I had the purple tank.

Btw, the silver forks look really nice on the black frame/engine bike. I might have to do this mod since I have a set.

I really like the burgundy tank. It seems to have different shades, depending on how the light catches it.

Here's another pic, but in some light this go 'round (don't mind the weirdo in the photo). 36a630276cf0ff59036e52ad6aa0db80.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

• Like 2

These last few "Post a pic" are among the best ever posted, IMHO.

Here's a V11 that would not be on The Angeles Crest without this community.

Thanks so much for posting these great images, thelonewonderer!

Along with the skills and perseverance of  :notworthy:  that Burgundy V11's Caretaker! :thumbsup:

• Like 2

These last few "Post a pic" are among the best ever posted, IMHO.

Here's a V11 that would not be on The Angeles Crest without this community.

Thanks so much for posting these great images, thelonewonderer!

Along with the skills and perseverance of :notworthy: that Burgundy V11's Caretaker!

You're absolutely right, docc. If it wasn't for this community, that engine would still be on my workbench.

I've been teaching myself how to work on motorcycles for a while, now, and this has been the most welcoming and helpful online community that I've come across.

Cheers, everyone!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Really? what do you suspect is the no start issue?

I think it might be fuel supply.  I wanted to clean the fuel-level sender anyway (because it's not accurate), so I took out the whole pump assembly to get at the fuel-level sender. I found a lot of junk on the fuel pick-up screen. I had the tank propped up for a while, and I suspect that every bit of loose junk in the tank settled around the screen. So I'm gonna replace the filter, pump, and submersible hoses. Hopefully that does the trick. Parts were cheap too - the ducati.ms forum had all the compatible parts identified, for much lower than the dealer prices.

Really? what do you suspect is the no start issue?

I think it might be fuel supply.  I wanted to clean the fuel-level sender anyway (because it's not accurate), so I took out the whole pump assembly to get at the fuel-level sender. I found a lot of junk on the fuel pick-up screen. I had the tank propped up for a while, and I suspect that every bit of loose junk in the tank settled around the screen. So I'm gonna replace the filter, pump, and submersible hoses. Hopefully that does the trick. Parts were cheap too - the ducati.ms forum had all the compatible parts identified, for much lower than the dealer prices.

Just a note scudd, there are two types of injector fuel hose, submersible and non submersible. Also check the bottom of your tank for rust, The 1000ss tanks seem to rust a bit so the ST3 is worth looking at. 

Ciao

• Like 2

... I found a lot of junk on the fuel pick-up screen...

Also check the bottom of your tank for rust, The 1000ss tanks seem to rust a bit so the ST3 is worth looking at.
If you have rust inside a steel tank, PR-1005L is good stuff. You will never be bothered by rust again if the inside of the tank is coated with this:

http://www.ppgaerospace.com/Products/Sealants/Specialty-Products/PR-1005-L-Buna-N-Slosh-Coating.aspx

One can costs about $90, & is enough for several tanks, you slosh around and drain back into the can.

:oldgit: Just be careful, spillage cleans up with MEK (methyl ethyl ketone), which also attacks paint, don't smoke while you are doing it, :rasta: and don't do this on a V11 plastic tank unless you know for sure that PR-1005L won't attack the plastic. :o