'02 Scura vs '04 Coppa Italia/Cafe Sport

orangeokie

Katja Pönsgen.... :food:

She's a real dish but unfortunately she's given up racing.

Why? The internal clock started to tick so Katja has just given birth, goddammit!

We need more Katjas on the track........ :notworthy:

Søren

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, pretty interesting differential between the new bike and the Scura.  Lesseee, the new coppa goes for $15K list; I'm assuming you can pick it up for 13?  That would put the Scura in at $7.5K, which is still just a little bit pricey I think.  These bikes went very cheap as leftovers in 03 and 04, and have similarily weak resale.  I agree, I think my Scura is a LOT prettier than either the Coppa or the plain jane Cafe sport. . . .

Dan

57278[/snapback]

For what it is worth . . . I got an OTD quote on the Coppa at $11,995 (w/Ti cans /ECU). The Scura goes for $6,500. That's where I came up with the $5,500 difference. I don't see the new Coppas dropping much in price. They are too unique and scarce, and all the little niggles the Scura has, appear to have been sorted with the '04s. Whatever I buy, I plan to keep for the long haul.

Even the one with the small rodent up her ass is a lot better than the skirt I usually see around here, pooting around on small cruisers, mostly........And they all weigh a HELLUVA lot more than Katja Ponsgen...........more like 3 Ponsgens and her family cat included........ MOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Nobody ever took up the sport in order to meet women who enjoyed riding..........

BLECH!

For what it is worth . . . I got an OTD quote on the Coppa at $11,995 (w/Ti cans /ECU).  The Scura goes for $6,500.  That's where I came up with the $5,500 difference.  I don't see the new Coppas dropping much in price.  They are too unique and scarce, and all the little niggles the Scura has, appear to have been sorted with the '04s.  Whatever I buy, I plan to keep for the long haul.

57294[/snapback]

If you figure what you would need to spend on the Scura to get it close to the Coppa, the difference is going to be around $3.5 k: Getting the suspension sorted, estimate $500 - $700 (or more, depending on if springs need to be changed in forks & on rear shock), exhaust / powercommander / crossover will eat up the remaining $1250 - $1500 pretty quick.

I'm pretty good at spending other people's money, so I'd go with the Coppa, change the relays ($20), and be done with it.

Having spent my own money on getting my '02 where I like it, if it was my choice & wallet, I'd still go with the Coppa.

Just my $ .02,

Phil

Atlanta GA

'02 MG Le Mans

. . .  I'm pretty good at spending other people's money, so I'd go with the Coppa, change the relays ($20), and be done with it.

Having spent my own money on getting my '02 where I like it, if it was my choice & wallet, I'd still go with the Coppa.

Just my $ .02,

Phil

Atlanta GA

'02 MG Le Mans

57327[/snapback]

50676319-ea5e-023501A8-.jpg

$6,500 - 5800 mi - 9 months left on warranty - California bike

Well the $6,500 Scura is sold . . . . to somebody else! :homer: Actually I'm kinda of relieved since my gut feeling, after hearing from many of the folks on here with pre-'03 guzzis, is to go with the newer bike. I think that is the smart thing to do in the long run. When one averages out the cost of ownership over say . . . 10 years . . . what's a few more thousand dollars, right? Time to change wallpaper . . .

50800884-4b9e-0200014F-.jpg

Congratulations! You'll probably have the most rare v11 made. I'll bet it looks better in real life than the pictures. Now for my :2c: dont meddle(modify) with it too much. Its a great bike just the way it is. Maybe a new seat/gel grips? I like those factory ti cans :wub:

Naw, Carl Allison had the most rare that I am aware of... some sort of Californi Special V11 Sport or somesuch of which there were only like 5 made or something... all a paint-job, but still. He knows the real name/stats.

...and his got wrecked.

al

. . . and his got wrecked.

al

57360[/snapback]

Carl still has that bike. It's on his list of thngs to do since he will have so much time on his hands out in the sticks of Oklahoma! :grin: