'02 Scura vs '04 Coppa Italia/Cafe Sport

orangeokie

Yeah, like any of those girls RIDE.

Sure, stick any naked woman on the seat of a bike; what's that got to do with the sport, other than prove that bikers *may* be hornier than ordinary men?

The thread was about women BIKERS, not models on BIKES.

BTW, orangeokie, I think you'll not regret your choice, although it was kind of made for you. Now, BUY the damn thing and go riding.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has it, but it is the "frankenbike" that gives him perpetual hell  :P

57364[/snapback]

That bike started off as a frankenbike. I mean really, it's just a parts bin special. They threw a silver rear on with a black gas tank as a way to sell '01 bikes as 02 models. They came out with the 'Sport CF' at the same time. Maybe I should use this to my advantage; I managed to pick up a silver rear plastic whatever-it's-called. If I sell my bike could I get more money out of it this way? :grin:

But I do hope Carl gets his ride sorted out. Bastard child or not, it needs some love.

Oh yeah- on the subject of women bikers. Not all of them are conventionally beautiful, but look at yerself in a mirror before you say too much. I'm lucky- my wife rides and she's pretty good lookin'. On the other hand, I'm a fright.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest drknow

Well, since this thread has officially been hi-jacked, I'll start by saying--take the cheap Scura.

Ok, that out of the way. There are sexy girls who ride. I like the naked girls posing on bikes as much as anyone, but think most of us are always searching for the sexy girl rider cause they're as scare as unicorns. But they do exist, I'm married to one, and if you look at my webpage, there's tons of pictures. And she's faster than you, hell probably faster than me too.

dk

• 3 weeks later...
ohlins spec is different in 02 Scura vs. newer Cafe sport.  I like the white faced cluster vs. the new(er) black, but if I had it to do over again, I'd buy the newer bike.  You will need $$ to sort out the scura issues, so add that to your equation.  You WILL need to re-sort suspension, take care of gbox issue, maybe a paint issue (although if it hasn't peeled by now..........)  and perhaps deal with clipon discomfort, always wonder (if not worry) about the explodable clutch, etc.  Unless you're looking at more than $5,000 difference, spring for the new bike.

This from a guy who owns one.

Good luck.

Dan

57098[/snapback]

The pushed out screen on the Cafe Sport is a little better for shorter riders for wind noise, as the SCURA screen deflects the air into the riders helmet. Anyone over 180cm would not notice this.

Side on, the SCURA looks better than the Cafe Sport by about a million percent.

This is from a short guy who owns a SCURA.

S251

Hi all.

New is good,Though I dont like the colour much on the Coppa.May take some time.My SCURA has only 16000KMs. Stock, only for some carbon and black paint that I did myself. Its comfy enough to ride all day,it handles beautiful {set up right} and looks a treat, Also gets the PISS flogged out of it.So go the Scura for me until I flog the piss out of a coppa I guess.

• 3 years later...

28 May 2009 - With all of the new members on here asking about this guzzi or that, here is a pretty good older thread worth bumping. Too bad many of the photos are gone.

226g.jpg

I was reading the threads and wonder what is it about the Scura's suspension that had to be sorted ... will "SEARCH" some more ....

Thanks

Ex-factory they were horribly under sprung that's all. Real springs don't cost much.

Pete

Valving is also overly harsh.

Que what do you mean by valving. I have owned a Scura since 2004 once sorted ie suspension, decent pipes, great bike pulls like a train

The ones I have ridden can't be adjusted for the plush compliance Ohlins forks are known for. I believe the shim pack specified on these forks is too stiff, giving a harsh ride. It's still well-controlled, just a bit harsh.