Comfort

windchill

I am about 6'2 with long legs to boot!! Whilst the upper body position on my 2003 LeMans is great (apart from the skinny grips that is) I always feel that my legs are squashed! I think my feet feel too far forwards if that makes sense?

I've seen rearsets on the Rossopuro site, and in the MGOC mag here in the Uk, but never actually sat on a bike fitted with them.

Suggestions, comments, experiences?

I'm 6'4", and I had to lower the footrests for comfort. I got the old kit from Moto Evolusione, but they don't have it any more, It cost 20$us, basically it moves the footrests to the lower holes and more rearset holes.

Ciao, Steve G.

You can lower the pegs an inch which seems to make quite a difference by going to your nearest wrecker and get a set of passenger pegs from mid 70`s Yamaha 650. Not the prettiest footpegs but they`re cheap and do the job nicely.

You can lower the pegs an inch which seems to make quite a difference by going to your nearest wrecker and get a set of passenger pegs from mid 70`s Yamaha 650. Not the prettiest footpegs but they`re cheap and do the job nicely.

FBF_cans_008.jpg

FBF_cans_008.jpg

I think the seat idea is the best- lowering the pegs may compromise ground clearance if you ride enthusiastically.

I am not tall but had the seat on my Jackal made 2 inches higher for comfort reasons by Kevin Jones of Highlander Products in Tamworth.

He recovered the seat and stuffed it full of much higher quality more supportive gel.

He does not have a standard spec- he will listen to what you need and modify your seat accordingly.

I am sure he will be happy to do your V11 if you wish.

Guy :helmet:

lower the pegs. I'm also 6'2" and the motoevoluzione kit worked perfectly for me. I didn't know they weren't selling it anymore!??! Bar risers, although they don't increase leg room will feel as if they do.

I tried raising the height of the seat via Rich Maund but found that I felt too far 'over' the bike and uncomfortable. Rich put the seat back to original height for me.

If clearance is an issue with the evoluzione kit attached, you're one HELL of a road rider!!!! (and a bit scary to boot)

...lowering the pegs may compromise ground clearance if you ride enthusiastically....

My scura has longer Ohlins shock so may ride a little higher (tho forks are raised in yokes too so I dunno).

As standard, Scura pegs didn't touch down at all cos the sidestand on left & the front of can on right hit first (hard too). Even with higher pipes & mostly removing sidestand bumpstop, I've yet to touch down the left peg (sidestand still first) & only once dragged the right (& that cos I'd put a longer bolt in to see how far down you had to go....). I ride very enthusiastically given a clear road, but I've not been on a track since I did the pipes.

V11 pegs seem very high to me, legs are cramped by short seat/frest gap. In my experience, on the road, tyres (Diablos) slide before pegs touch. Seems to me the safest thing to touch down first is a folding footrest, rather than the tyres letting go being the first sign you've reached max lean.... :wacko:

I'd be surprised if lowering the pegs was a clearance issue for most people & if bike is std, suspension is good, & you got any untouched rubber on the tyre edges you're nowhere near the pegs.

Sticky tyres, high pipes & a racetrack may be a different basket of buns.

KB :sun:

As standard, Scura pegs didn't touch down at all cos the sidestand on left & the front of can on right hit first. Even with higher pipes & removing sidestand bumpstop, I've yet to touch down the left peg & only once dragged the right. I ride very enthusiastically given a clear road, but I've not been on a track since I did the pipes.

KB :sun:

57607[/snapback]

I fully agree that in standard trim there is plenty of ground clearance- I ride regularly to the edges of my tyres and have never decked out on my V11.

My only concern, and I may be wrong of course, is that is someone dropped the pegs a few inches then the ground clearance may be compromised if they liked to lean. :race:

Guy :helmet:

The Guzzi argal (ergal? I've seen it both ways) pegs in the stock holes will drop the pegs ~1/2 inch. At like $700 US, that's some pretty expensive real estate.

The Evoluzione kit included should be easy to replicate. While it does give a lower mount on the peg, it is also back some, so it's not terribly low. I've been within 1/8" of the edge of the tire and haven't touched down. This was on a track, so real world variations in tarmac might not be so even or predictable. For my style of riding, they work fine.

I have a set of footpeg relocators that were purchased from MPH in Houston. Basically they relocate the pegs down and back to another existing lower hole on the bracket, plus there is a plug to fill the hole created by relocating the pegs. The look is professional as the kit uses the original pegs.

I tried this approach out for about a month. After lowering the brake and gear shift levers it worked out OK, but the reach to the controls was a little too much for my 10.5 foot. If you wear a size 12 or better this is probably a good solution. Kit was purchased from MPH for $40-45. I'll sell it for $25, including shipping in the US. Message me at HutchJ1997@aol.com if you are interested.

I evenually went with the Buell Firebolt foot pegs.

Joe

Ground clearance was an issue before I installed the footrest kits, and I had ground off 3/4" off the side stand on the left, and touched down the front leading edge of the can on the right, before they were put on. Now, the footrests are doing what they should be doing, offering me fair warning by dragging loudly before other parts that don't fold up!!!

Raising the seat may be an option, except I already find the handlebars at the lowest limit already, and rasing the seat would just make that worse for me.

Ciao, Steve G.