Heading to Sicily & mainland next week

gh67

Heading over for "work" for a few weeks starting this weekend. Does anyone know of any great shops in Sicily (I'll be Catania primarily), Rome, Venice, or around Sacile? Unfortunately I won't have a chance to go to the Factory....at least not with my current schedule. :) Will primarily be in Catania most of the time, I saw there were a few dealers there that I'll no doubt check out....but are there any others that are "must sees" for parts or accessories....or sales (hey, ya never know). Thanks!!! :bier:

Heading over for "work" for a few weeks starting this weekend.  Does anyone know of any great shops in Sicily (I'll be Catania primarily), Rome, Venice, or around Sacile?  Unfortunately I won't have a chance to go to the Factory....at least not with my current schedule.  :) Will primarily be in Catania most of the time, I saw there were a few dealers there that I'll no doubt check out....but are there any others that are "must sees" for parts or accessories....or sales (hey, ya never know).  Thanks!!!  :bier:

57577[/snapback]

What exactely are you looking for???

Sacile is about 1500km from Catania. Sacile is nearby Austria. Dolomite area.

But In the neighbourhood of Reggio calabria you have got one of the most bigger Moto Guzzi dealer in Italy.

At 131km from Catania you have "Motogiovane", a huge Moto Guzzi dealer, it also makes personalized motorbikes, check the website www.motogiovane.it . I bought once from them and they were very fast and precise, and the sent the goods directly at my house. At Reggio calabria you have Crea Vincenzo, another very good shop, the only problem is that you have to get the ferry. The second problem is that you will find them probably closed for summer holidays, I know that Motogiovane opens again the 23rd of august. No idea about Crea. Anyway, enjoy the hot and nice weather after work, you will find a lot of wonderful shores where to swim. Are you carrying the Guzzi with you :thumbsup: ?

Not looking for anything specific....but not ruling out any impulse items that I can see in person vs on a website catalog here in the USA. Unfortuneatly, I will be up in Sacile/Venice after the 21st....so a no go for Motogiovane :(

I had heard that Italy is basically shutdown the month of Aug for "ferie"...but was hoping that I would luck out and find a few places open. Unfortuneatly not going to be on a bike this trip either.

Thanks

• 2 months later...
Not looking for anything specific....but not ruling out any impulse items that I can see in person vs on a website catalog here in the USA.  Unfortuneatly, I will be up in Sacile/Venice after the 21st....so a no go for Motogiovane :( 

I had heard that Italy is basically shutdown the month of Aug for "ferie"...but was hoping that I would luck out and find a few places open.  Unfortuneatly not going to be on a bike this trip either.

Thanks

57634[/snapback]

Yeah, a lot of stuff shuts down in that time frame, but still in a big city like Catania lots stays open. There is a Ducati/Guzzi dealer in downtown Catania, near Bellinni Park/Via Etnea area. I can't remember street names now, but it is next to the big Jaguar dealer. Then I believe, up the road in Aci Reale there is another one, but that may have been Harley/Buell only. Misterbianco might have one as well. Anyway, I'm jealous. Enjoy the food, the best Italian is in Sicily IMHO! :)

• 10 months later...

At 131km from Catania you have "Motogiovane", a huge Moto Guzzi dealer, it also makes personalized motorbikes, check the website www.motogiovane.it . I bought once from them and they were very fast and precise, and the sent the goods directly at my house. At Reggio calabria you have Crea Vincenzo, another very good shop, the only problem is that you have to get the ferry. The second problem is that you will find them probably closed for summer holidays, I know that Motogiovane opens again the 23rd of august. No idea about Crea. Anyway, enjoy the hot and nice weather after work, you will find a lot of wonderful shores where to swim. Are you carrying the Guzzi with you :thumbsup: ?

Hi how did you manage to register as a new customar I cant get the form right I dont know what *Cap *Codice Fiscale / P. iva or Denominazione mean ? any help greatly appreciated (Am new to this forum so hope I have done this right)