The best Exhaust ??

sharky

Hi guys,

I still have my stock Exhaust on my 2003 Lemans.

I'm thinking about saving up for the titanium Rosopurro exhaust like on this bike.

http://www.v11lemans.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=66

Have you got other suggestions for new pipes, considering the sound, weight an hp's?

I'd like to hear from your experiences.

:huh::mg: ciao

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am happy with Mistrals- nice noise, not too expensive and seem to work well.

The horniest looking silencers I have seen are the Galassetti high rise pipes- don't know anyone who actually has them though and I am not sure if they have any distributors outside of Italy.

Here are some pics:

http://www.galassetti.it/foto/guzzi/index.php

Guy :helmet:

Hi guys,

I still have my stock Exhaust on my 2003 Lemans.

I'm thinking about saving up for the titanium Rosopurro exhaust like on this bike.

http://www.v11lemans.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=66

Have you got other suggestions for new pipes, considering the sound, weight an hp's?

I'd like to hear from your experiences.

:huh:  :mg: ciao

59497[/snapback]

Wow, I'm sure no one will have a subjective opinion on this topic... :huh2:

.... how about an oil thread while we are at it :P

But seriously, there are many options, and except for the exact can you have referenced, most seem to think just about all the quality dual exhaust setups sound pretty good. They may sound a little different, but I honestly doubt it is a significant change. Probably more important to your decision will be cost and availability.

Now, to the system you referenced, the photo link you attached actually shows the Quat-D exhaust which was originally made for the Ghezzi-Brian bikes, and some do have some definite opinions(both good and ill) on the sound of that unit since it is such a unique design. Although for the most part, many find that although different, it is a good sounding exhaust.

The obvious advantage of the Quat-D system is that it relieves the rear end from a lot of clutter and reduces weight.

If you do a search on "Quat" or "Quad", you'll find several threads on the subject, and should also come across a sound sample or two. You may find references to the welds cracking on this exhaust, but I believe this has been corrected with the current version.

There is also a very good recent thread on the topic about the cost of the "full system" which was actually quite economical, and the excellent customer support the buyer received from the manufacturer when the headers arrived damaged.

I am not aware that there is a titanium version(all I've seen are also SS) of this exhaust or that Rossopuro sells it, but they may as many vendors do resell it from Quat-D.

I personally like my Ti Leo Vince cans, but I don't believe they are making them any longer :huh2:

al

I am happy with Mistrals- nice noise, not too expensive and seem to work well.

The horniest looking silencers I have seen are the Galassetti high rise pipes- don't know anyone who actually has them though and I am not sure if they have any distributors outside of Italy.

Here are some pics:

http://www.galassetti.it/foto/guzzi/index.php

Guy  :helmet:

59505[/snapback]

I wonder how much those would cost? Theyre mounted inside the brackets...interesting. I think they were going for that underseat look.

I wonder how much those would cost? Theyre mounted inside the brackets...interesting. I think they were going for that underseat look.

59532[/snapback]

They are indeed trying to emulate that look, but the design as you point out.... mounted outside the rear subframe, using extensions for the exhaust-hangars/footpeg-brackets, has always looked like a poor design aesthetically to me :moon:

... but to each their own :huh2:

I went with the Neptunes from down under. They come in several finishes and have removable inserts to soften them up a bit if needed (so far not needed). A nice rumble and flow like all the other after market straight throughs...

It is dollars, and your sense of what looks good. As far as performace goes, you might want to dial in whatever you buy since you have changed one of the big three.

Guzzi_Mods_090__Large_.jpg

My vote is for the carbon fiber oval Mistrals. Light weight, look good, and the sound is just right.

I like those Mistral Oval carbons.Seriouslly thinking on putting them on my Sporti.

Are these you got Normal or "open" and did you have to do any reprogramming to the "chip'" of the bike.

I have an complete set up with open airbox and crossover and Normal exausts, chip is from a famous Guzzi tunner, bike runs great, and I think to get some "closed-Normal" Carbon Mistrals, hope no chip reprogramming has to be made, anyone has any clue about it?

:bier:

I have the M4's in Carbon fiber. Great fit/finish, light, and sound awesome. The only drawback (if you could call it that) would be the M4 logo. Its no bigger than any of the others but I like the more subtle approach, personally.