The best Exhaust ??

sharky

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

I still have my stock Exhaust on my 2003 Lemans.

I'm thinking about saving up for the titanium Rosopurro exhaust like on this bike.

http://www.v11lemans.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=66

Have you got other suggestions for new pipes, considering the sound, weight an hp's?

I'd like to hear from your experiences.

:huh:  :mg: ciao

59497[/snapback]

I have the moto guzzi Ti's they are awesome . With the ecu they come with the fuel mapping is perfect, the difference in throttle response is very noticeable,alot of people say it sounds like a 5.0 mustang with a good set of headers. I think it sounds nice and deep. actually they are a piece of Italian art. IMHO :food:

Good or just good looking?

here comes in inlay to the never ending exhaust story: I have now run my V11-Quat-D combo for ca 10 000 km, with varying satisfaction. The first 5 000 were great, sleek and slick looking giving the bike a light feeling, giving space for tight trannies etc. (however, I still claim that it sounds like an old Fiat with a rusty muffler). After 5 000 km a rattling sound appeared. After 6 000 km the blind rivets holding the lid on the upper side had streched for about 1 mm, making the lid rattle up and down 1 mm - resulting in a second rattling sound. After a road-side-fix some 2 000 km from home with steel wire, new rivets were put in position. With the lid off I tried to spot the sorce of the first rattle. No luck. With the lid back on the second rattle is gone but the first remains in an extremely irritating manner at some RPMs. I bought the box directly from Ghezzi Brian and have asked them what they will do about the situation - I will let you know.

poh

Guest rollingthunder
I do believe that Quat-D is the choice of the cogniscienti... :P

Sounds kinda good, too...

http://worldstormartslab.com/dropbox/QUAT-D/post-1553-1126051539_thumb.jpg

59526[/snapback]

I've seen pictures of these on the net but couldn't find any references as to what they were - I assumed that they were GB one offs made of unobtainium (to quote a fellow member ;) )

I've got stainless Mistral round cans on my V11 - sound nice and deep, not too loud, but enough to turn heads. Sadly not BS approved :whistle:

I've seen pictures of these on the net but couldn't find any references as to what they were - I assumed that they were GB one offs made of unobtainium (to quote a fellow member ;) )

I've got stainless Mistral round cans on my V11 - sound nice and deep, not too loud, but enough to turn heads. Sadly not BS approved  :whistle:

59575[/snapback]

If you want a Quat D system Corsa Italiana sell them. I think they look great but have yet to see a healthy dyno chart from a bike equipped with this system.

Guy :helmet:

If you want a Quat D system Corsa Italiana sell them. I think they look great but have yet to see a healthy dyno chart from a bike equipped with this system.

Guy  :helmet:

59580[/snapback]

I believe I am the only one who has posted a dyno chart for the Quat-D.

I had an early Quat-D and it made very healthy power up to about 4500 RPMs, and then it looses some peak power.

So overall, rating the health of the powerband is dependent on whether you want power down low or up high.

I needed power up high, so I traded mine.

I now think it was a mistake as it sucked a lot of soul out of the bike.

My Mistrals sound prettier, and have more peak HP, but the bike is not as fun to ride and I have to stay in a lower gear.

I am definitely considering the newer model with removeable catalytic convertor.

Pending V50Man's dyno results...

Oh, and mine sounded a little tinny, while V50Man's (and Frankie's) sound deeper less or non-metallic.

The Mistral round alloys I had on before were pretty good. Sounded nice and gave a modest performance increase.

Not as nice as these tho'.  :thumbsup:

59586[/snapback]

those are the MG Ti's correct? same pipes I have, are those pipes made by Leo Vince for MG? they sure are very similar to a Leo Vince system I had on my R6, I noticed that right away when I got my Ti,s.

Guest rollingthunder

Guy  :helmet:

59580[/snapback]

Thanks Guy, I'll take a peek :bier:

those are the MG Ti's correct? same pipes I have, are those pipes made by Leo  Vince for MG? they sure are very similar to a Leo Vince system I had on  my R6, I noticed that right away when I got my Ti,s.

59592[/snapback]

More exclusive than that.

One of three sets made by Scorpion for the 2002 Guzzi IOM TT entry :whistle:

Nige. :thumbsup:B)