The best Exhaust ??

sharky

Has anyone gotten a set from the Hungarian/maybe Yugoslavian manufacturer?  Akrapovic or some such.  There was a thread on them earlier, but I can't seem to find it.

J

59601[/snapback]

I don't remember an Akrapovic thread, but at the time that I was looking/asking around about options, such an exotic company didn't do anything for such a humble bike as MG – and I dare say they never will.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ramon61

V50man gave me the contact name at Quat-D and, long story short, my local dealer is now the U.S. distributor (easterncycleducati.com). I got my quat-d thru thru my dealer. Hasn't been installed yet as it is being ceramic coated. The newest versions of the muffler have the catalyser top plate (or blank top plate on the non catalysed version) sealed with a fireproof fiber cloth between the can and the top plate, rather than high temp. rtv sealant, presumably to deal with the loose rivet issue.

In my opinion, cans that stick out on the sides of a bike look like design afterthoughts. The quat-d is by far the best looking, if not the best sounding,

exhaust solution.

I don't remember an Akrapovic thread, but at the time that I was looking/asking around about options, such an exotic company didn't do anything for such a humble bike as MG – and I dare say they never will.

59648[/snapback]

I know someone who has a full Akrapovic race system on his Daytona RS- looks and sounds lovely but unfortunately I don't think they made a system for the V11 and they don't list Guzzi on their website any more.

The factory is in Slovenia.

Guy :helmet:

Guest bordsenius

I just got an oval Mistral set for my V11, and i am very satisfied.

Nice sound (very impressive), and a bit of a power gain above 4000 rpms)

And the weight is about 50% of the originals.

If you contact the factory directly you'll get a very favourable price as well..

sb

Good and good looking !

please look at my previous inlay under this title. I got an answer from Ghezzi Brian, telling me to contact the maker, Quat-D. So I did, and the guy told me to send him my adress so he could send me a replace - without seeing the old one !!

That´s what I call taking care of costumers. I take my hat off for both Ghezzi-Brian and Quat-D!

:2c:

If you are looking for the more powerfull exhaust, you must look to the conical system.

Few factory done such kind of exhaust for guzzi.

Akrapovic did it few years ago but they did not do it for v11.

I got an akrapovic racing exhaust on my stolend dayton rs. I have bought another one from Dynotec with high system exhaust for my next bike project.

Now i think the daes-mototec 50 mm complete line for v11 should be a good product.

The exhaust like quad-t or g&b system allow a little more torque but less top end power. I get such kind of exhaust on my supertwin and it has been entirely modified in order to work a little better.

Mines on a set of MG Ti with matching ECU, ace sound, excellant fuelling. Refitted the standard ECU and cans to compare. The standard setup feels very flat in comparison

rosso_corsa.jpg

With the new ECU that comes with the MG Ti exhaust kit, are there any lean spots over the entire RPM range?

59884[/snapback]

With Ti/ECU kit mine ran v rich across revs. PC111 & dyno sorted it - now pulls pretty clean from around 3k to rev limiter, picking up around 4.5k - more power, more torque, more driveable - but also more noise.

With Ti/ECU kit mine ran v rich across revs. PC111 & dyno sorted it - now pulls pretty clean from around 3k to rev limiter, picking up around 4.5k  - more power, more torque,  more driveable - but also more noise.

59888[/snapback]

Mines fine across the whole range. in a comparison with John in leeds, we went on a ride out together, his is a rosso corsa in standard trim and fresh from a service. he was getting 45mpg, mine 50mpg for the same trip. it pulls clean and hard through the gears. no pinging or hesitation. Engine braking was not as strong, tended to catch john up when

throttles were rolled off to slow down.

I have just bought some second hand Arrow carbon round race cans which fit my Moto Guzzi V11 Sport Scura 2002 (non-CAT) model. They look like the 'Carby' round carbon can with extension pipes that fit straight into the 'H' box of my Guzzi.

They fit fine but the hanger straps have been damaged. Does anyone know where I may be able to obtain replacements, the outside diameter of the cans is approximately 325mm.

Has anyone else got these cans fitted?

They sound great and offer a weight saving over the standard 'carbon' cans. :thumbsup:

I am also wondering if it is possible to obtain baffles which fit into these cans to make them road legal?

Look forward to your reply's!

Si