Griso Presentation!

biesel

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest redguzziv10
Even though this press release is fanfaring the arrival of the Griso, I understand that it won't hit these shores now until next Spring rather than October as originally predicted.

oh crap, i didn't know that. And there's me selling off my assets in preparation

httpebay sale

:angry:

Here is the story about the delay- but MCN are testing it next week.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/nav?page=mot...=NEWS_NEW-BIKES

59681[/snapback]

The Griso comes out Sepember 20th in Europe with availability in October for that continent. It's undoubtedly a 2006 model which might account for some of the confusion. I wish like crazy it would be available at the same time here in the USA. I'd spring for that pearly blue one in a microsecond. It doesn't look gay to me, just brawny and with a great "in yer face" stance. Something notably lacking from the Mandello contingent for some time. There's an upside to some colors that you guys may be overlooking. My wife will okay nearly anything that's blue and naysay anything that's yellow, gray or black. So... if I want a Griso, it'll have to be blue or red and I already have a red Guzzi. No need for two.

guzzigriso-7091-086-f.jpg

I wouldn't get too excited with colors for the U.S. market... often they are limited, and typically they do not offer the Euro colors here in the U.S.. Just a thought.

I also wouldn't expect the Griso stateside until late Winter/early Spring '06, at the earliest.

Don't know 'bout the pearly blue...

Remember they had a beige/sand prototype? Thank God that didn't make it...

59637[/snapback]

Hey, hey, HEY NOW! I happened to think the cafe au lait looked better than the black version! [At least, the cafe au lait looked better in person than the black does in photos...]

But the poofter blue needs to go, man! Courts still out on the yellow, too. :huh:

Why hasn't MG come out with a titanium grey option? I mean, "Griso" means "grey" in some language or other, don't it? Oh wait: it's "grigio." A grigio Griso, anyone? :grin:

Keeping my fingers crossed that this will be a hugely successful model for MG, even tho' I'm not that excited about it personally. It'd be a very good thing for Guzzi to capture some favorable attention from the world at large...

:mg:

[FWIW: I had my first "Moto Guzzi. Who makes that?" moment gassing up recently...]

:homer:

59637[/snapback]

I'm being completely HONEST here -- I LOVED the beige/sand prototype. Bragged to my friends that ONLY an Italian firm would possess the taste to pull it off.

Was gonna buy one...oh, well...

59637[/snapback]

I liked the sand/beige prototype, it reminds me of the falcone militare that was built for Africa

Is Griso Italian for "No Grease"?  or " You Grease"

I'm the opposite, the more I see it the more it makes me  :vomit:

The chick is hot tho'...

:2c:

Rj

59660[/snapback]

"Griso" is a dialectal form of "grigio", which means "grey" in english but it is also the nickname of the chief of the bad guys that kidnap Lucia on behalf of Don Rodrigo, in the "Promessi Sposi", a famous italian romance by Alessandro Manzoni written in the 19th century. The romance, by coincidence, is settled on the Como lake, in a town called Lecco, which is very close to Mandello del lario.

Is it really a coincidence? :thumbsup:

Old moto guzzi motorbikes had names of birds, in italian, then it started the period of acronyms and names of USA states, now MOto Guzzi went back to names from the local area around Mandello del Lario, Breva is the name of a local wind, Griso the name of the bad guy in the Promessi Sposi.

I'm sorry for what I'm saying, but how could you guys think that the name could be related to grease or to a swedish word that means "pig"???? :grin::homer:

Guest redguzziv10

don't know if it's just me, but i can see a lot of molten sneakers happening, the way the exhaust does that little detour around the brake pedal.

not that i EVER wear sneakers while riding :whistle: