5'4" with 29" inseam... question

Guest ephman

hi,

ok saw a v11 today riding around my streets. oh my gosh, what a beauty. so i'm a pretty short rider who's 5'4" with 29" inseam. am i tall enough to flat foot this machine or will i have to lower it with a new seat?

thanks for the bandwidth,

ephman

Hi ephman. I'm not much taller than you and have a 29-30ish inseam. Rich Maund made up a seat for me that helped out a bit (see photo in gallery, naked bikes, Joe Camarda's V11 Sport). Corbin seats might be able to help also.

Anyway, you may not need that much lowering. Using low profile tires and dropping the front forks about half an inch may be the ticket.

Good luck!

am i tall enough to flat foot this machine or will i have to lower it with a new seat? 

60662[/snapback]

you will not have the two feet flat on the ground, but enough to be able to hold the V11 without any embarrassment and or fear of plunging down when it's windy...

i'm fairly small too (1m64, Prince and I have that in common, also ;)) but found no problems riding the V11. Didn't even think about it: that shows how much it didn't impose itself as a problem.

Stretching to the bars wasn't an issue either.

take it from someone who was totally unable to ride a 1100 Sport cos it was toooooo long and tooooo stretched.

hi,

ok saw a v11 today riding around my streets.

You can go down to the Guzzi/Ducati dealer in Soho and sit on one to make sure. Beware: lots of attitude and posing at this place.

Tom

I have 30" inseam, no problem with the V11 at all. Once you get used to the bike you will find the c of g is so low and the stability so good, you hardly ever need to put a foot down at all. Only when completely stopped.

hi,

ok saw a v11 today riding around my streets.

You can go down to the Guzzi/Ducati dealer in Soho and sit on one to make sure. Beware: lots of attitude and posing at this place.

Tom

60684[/snapback]

thanks people,

i really appreciate your help. sounds like i'll be able to fit. especially with my riding boots on i should have no problem. so thank you again. looks like it's time to say goodbye to my monster. i'm so jelous of you all, such a beautiful bike.

hey tom... you're right, when i was looking at monsters a couple years ago i got so turned off by them i didn't end up buying it from them just because of the attitude, i can only imagine how many other people have done the same thing. any other dealers in the nyc area moto guzzi dealers that are good?

thanks,

ephman

Same here... 5'8" with a 30 inch inseam... no problemo touching down with my Corbin, or the Rich Maund seat. I had a to be just a tad more tippy-toed on the stock seat, but it wasn't an issue as compared to other bikes I've owned. The V11 seems pretty close to the ground actually.

Now, I do have quite a reach to the bars, and I think I am just going to have to break down and get some risers.

al

.  any other dealers in the nyc area moto guzzi dealers that are good?

thanks,

ephman

60727[/snapback]

I don't think that the price is much different at any of the dealers but I could be wrong. The dealer in Soho use to have a good mechanic but I understand that he is no longer with them so I don't know who is working there.

You can try Rockwell Cycles which is north of the Bear Mountain bridge or Branchville in Conn.; Rockwell would have to order a bike because they don't keep many on the floor. Branchville would be my choice because I like the owner but it is a hike to get up there. Or you can purchase one of the used ones that seem to be in abundance on e-Bay.

Good Luck,

Tom

I don't think most Italians are bigger than you are.

Do not forget, Moto Guzzi is an Italian bike made by Italian people, testing by Italian people.

I am 5.7086614 feet and the bike is just perfect.

With a little adaptation in the saddle you are able to ride that bike too.

I don't think you have to spend a lot of money to late make the adaptation.

In Holland I know somebody who will make it for less tha 50 Euro.

good luck :thumbsup:

Martin, this is a conversion with a little help from the convertor *conversions* up at this page.

In fact I am 174 cm. :bbblll:

61127[/snapback]

Antonio,

I was not :D:D at your height. but the way you had expressed it.

You had converted it from the metric 1.74m and expressing it in imperial feet but left it with 5.7086614. Us ludites and Yanks who still use imperial would never dream of expressing as such but as feet and inches. It's only when they reach for the feeler gauges to do the tappets would they use a decimal system of 1000ths but would still call it n/1000ths of am inch rather than 0.00n.

I thought that you had left it so, as a comment on the archaic method of measurement hence :D:D

I didn't want to be perceved as laughing at the shorter person . Which is why I edited my quote to just the number.

I'm sorry that you thought I was laughing at you. I only laugh with my friends and not at them. Please allow me to get the beers in the next time we meet :bier:

1.74m = 5' 8 1/2 " (which is an above average height in the UK)

Why is that short people are so touchy about it? (bugger gone and done it again :homer: )

Martin,

You bet, you hold me a beer!!!

In fact, I find a 20 pond in my wallet, after a couple of weeks I was home, I did not convert it into Euro and I made a promise to my wife, to come visit England once again. This time with her and have some good time around south England and maybe Wales.

So, get ready, You know now I am a buongustaio about beer.

ciao