5'4" with 29" inseam... question

Guest ephman

Quoted from a popular motorcycle magazine. 

"When friends and new motorcyclists complain about stratospheric seat height, I gently point them to the incredible story of Gaston Rahier's 1985 Dakar win. Rahier was so tiny that he mounted his rally prepped BMW R80G/S by walking alongside it, and then dropping the clutch. He'd step aboard with one foot, then casually arc the other over the seat and ride away. It was, and still is, impossibly cool."

The seat height on these machines was stratospheric. I know, I once owned a replica. I recall keeping a close eye on these events way back then and always cheered on Mr. Rahier. He was an amazing man with an enormous heart and an unstoppable will to succeed...... He did.

As Rahier so clearly demonstrated, once you're moving its all superfluous. My younger brother is his height at 162 cm's. I'm about 177 and we often switch machines. My XR650R is quite the desert beast and it's pretty tall as well. His height has never been an impediment to enjoying machines you'd think he was incapable of mounting. He wears riding boots which allow him that little extra height required for stabilization when at rest.

-doc

Seat height is all superfluous (underway) until that stop on a funky, dished, uphill right hander where the ground is about as far away as the Marianas Trench is deep (i.e.: impossible to sound . . .) :o