V11 Rally Germany 2006

V11UK

Guest jedione68
Details of the 2006 V11 rally are shown here

We've signed up already  :mg:. Anyone fancy making it a multi-European V11 event?

62144[/snapback]

I've been wanting to do a Euro ride on my v11 for some time.

Its just a hell of a long way from California. That's not to

say with enough time to plan I wouldn't make it... anythings possible.

I checked out the "HERE" for the rally info, but being a "Calfornia" stereo-type

kind of gent, I can't read German. So if any one can pass the info and times

onto me that would be great.

Keep the rubber side down, peace,

David

jedione68

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been wanting to do a Euro ride on my v11 for some time.

Its just a hell of a long way from California.  That's not to

say with enough time to plan I wouldn't make it... anythings possible.

I checked out the "HERE" for the rally info, but being a "Calfornia" stereo-type

kind of gent, I can't read German.  So if any one can pass the info and times

onto me that would be great.

Keep the rubber side down, peace,

David

jedione68

63383[/snapback]

I used an On line Free translation service - www.freetranslation.com it gives a rough idea of whats going on.

Friday 16 June 2006 to Sunday 18 June 2006

There is a link and you have to fill your details in. I'm not sure if thats intrested or firm attenders.

Map of where it is

There is accomodation at the Cafe (not sure if rooms left) or you can camp (like me)

When Chris and I posted on their forum, we got replies in English. Very friendly people.

If you are thinking of coming across theres the Erin Rally the UK owners club rally held in Ireland the weekend before (last years was the first one and it was great- see various threads here), this one in Germany Friday 16 - Sunday 18 June and the Boxmeer one in Holland(another big rally) the following weekend. So if thinking of shipping your bike might as well make it a grand tour.

• 3 months later...
I used an On line Free translation service - www.freetranslation.com it gives a rough idea of whats going on.

Friday 16 June 2006 to Sunday 18 June 2006

There is a link and you have to fill your details in. I'm not sure if thats intrested or firm attenders.

Map of where it is

There is accomodation at the Cafe (not sure if rooms left) or you can camp (like me)

When Chris and I posted on their  forum, we got replies in English.  Very friendly people.

If you are thinking of coming across theres the Erin Rally the UK owners club rally held in Ireland the weekend before (last years was the first one and it was great- see various threads here), this one in Germany Friday 16 - Sunday 18 June and the Boxmeer one in Holland(another big rally) the following weekend. So if thinking of shipping your bike might as well make it a grand tour.

63405[/snapback]

This is all VERY tempting. Kathi and I will be in Italy from 1-19 June, and in Mandello on 16 June. Were going to rent a Guzzi from Agostini's and run around the area for a few days (possibly with some other Georgia Guzzisti) before flying back on a.m. of 19 June. Hmmmmm. Mapquest says [only!] 472.06 miles from Mandello to Herchenhain. :race::mg:

That may, however and darnit, be more than a bridge too far, tho, given our return flight.

I can't find it here now, but I thought there was a SW German meet near the Bodensee earlier in the month (June). Anyone know of it?

I am going to Erin, riding back to the UK, putting my clothes in the washing machine, having a bath, cleaning my gear and the bike then heading for the Hull - Rotterdam ferry to get to Boxmeer the weekend after.

The German V11 rally is not a million miles away from Boxmeer so its possible I could pop over for half a day, if I stay sober enough to ride!

Guy :helmet:

Just checked RAC route planner- its a 400 mile round trip- maybe I will sit in the sun outside my tent with a beer instead.

Edited by Guzzirider

I can't find it here now, but I thought there was a SW German meet near the Bodensee earlier in the month (June).  Anyone know of it?

74743[/snapback]

Rats. It's the following weekend: http://www.guzzimoto.de/_%20Treffen%202005...ffen%202005.htm

I'll be back in Atlanta :( ... and already telling lies about the trip. :D

Just checked RAC route planner- its a 400 mile round trip- maybe I will sit in the sun outside my tent with a beer instead.

Well a 400 mile isn't a far away distance,when on tour, so you may just put the route in your schedule since you plan to do both.

:bier:

Jaap,

You seem to be double booked

http://www.mgcn.nl/dameijer/evenementen/view_detail-5

:o

74748[/snapback]

Yep, but Boxmeer is too much "Cali and old shite" for me, so I'll be doing the german V11 rally.

BTW, if any of you UK people are riding to the german V11 rally, you're welcome to stay over from thursday to friday. I leave on friday, maybe we can ride together? I was planning to take a scenic route - no Autobahn

I don't live far from the route Rotterdam - Grebenhain

Martin, I'm just starting to put together next years Buell events for the UK Buell Enthusiasts Group and may do a specific  :mg: V11 UK event. Ideally at a location with rooms and camping so everyone is taken care of. I should have everything sorted by the end of November latest and will post accordingly.

We visited the German V11 event at the Oldtimer Cafe in 2003 and enjoyed it very much - although we didn't stay at the actual location. I've booked early to make sure we have a room in the inn :thumbsup:. They also have a small field for camping.

This particular part of Germany is beautiful and the roads are brilliant :bike: plus it's an easy days ride from any of the Dutch ports.

62181[/snapback]

Already a Buell V11 Rally this year in Scotland at Spean Bridge, fantastic roads no matter which route you take. Up the motorway and turn off at Dalwhinnie this is a great road and takes you along the shores of Loch Laggan (Monarch of the Glen filmed there)

or up through Callander but watch out for unmarked Police R1's! on this road. Details already posted on this site. Please come

Yep, but Boxmeer is too much "Cali and old shite" for me, so I'll be doing the german V11 rally.

BTW, if any of you UK people are riding to the german V11 rally, you're welcome to stay over from thursday to friday. I leave on friday, maybe we can ride together? I was planning to take a scenic route - no Autobahn

I don't live far from the route Rotterdam - Grebenhain

74779[/snapback]

Glad to see that we'll meet again.

I've allready booked my channel crossing. When England qualified for the football world cup, in order to make sure I could get across. My local crossing Harwich - Hook just arrived to late in the day Friday to get to the site comfortably. So I'm not away from the family for too long I've gone for an earlyish chunnel crossing as opposed to an overnight or Thursday ferry crossing.

The train gets into calais 0933 CET (you're an hour ahead so don't want to be earlier than this) Michelin route planer puts the site 6h 20m and 400miles.

If I go via Varsseveld it's only 1h 30m and 70miles further(thes are obviosly motorway times). Unfortuneatly it says 4h and 250miles to Varsseveld :( So if I try and join you I wouldn't be there untill 1-2pm which might be too late to join you for the ride down.

So see you at the meet :bier: and perhaps :bike::bike: on the way back