V11 & Buell Weekend May 2006

V11UK

To be held once again at the Spean Bridge Hotel over the weekend of 19th/20th/21st May 2006.

Location details: Spean Bridge Hotel

This is a biker-friendly establishment with a full range of accommodation available. This includes en-suite rooms, chalets and bunkhouses. The beer and food is superb :bier::food:. Fantastic roads right on the doorstep :bike:.

We have special rates for the weekend - please quote 'Buell Group' when booking. Your contact is Margaret Short.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've put my leave request in, should be granted, the numbers look good but it all depends on how far behind they are (still awaiting reply for application submitted 5th for the German trip).

I'll be fitting in next years Round Britain Rally at the same time again, So early starts for me and should be at the hotel about 8pm. Anyone is welcome to join me but I will have my agenda.

Chris is correct about the roads, it's well worth making the trip.

Hi I will try to sort the time off, wanted to do this w/end this year but no chance. Just by coincidence my father in law was a commando in WW2 so have been to the memorial there a couple of times.

Cheers Gary :bier:

Hi I will try to sort the time off, wanted to do this w/end this year but no chance. Just by coincidence my father in law was a commando in WW2 so have been to the memorial there a couple of times.

Cheers Gary :bier:

64946[/snapback]

Gary, are you going to do the RBR again next year? If so do you want to accompany me over this weekend? I would do it roughly the same as I did it this year. We could join up either on the Thursday or Friday or just do Saturday or Sunday. Loads of options.

Based on this year

Thursday this year was at Bate Heath 0715hrs then points north and overnighted Penrith with my sister

Friday left Penrith 0730ish doable from Liverpool for then then did points to Spean Bridge 2000hrs

Saturday 0630 -2030 all poits north of Spean bridge

Sunday 0630 the south east and to Penrith by 1800 again could make for the Pool or stay

Can talk more about it face to face Welsh Waltz 2 ?

Still waiting for my leave to be confirmed over three weeks since put in for the german trip and then Erin and this as and when posted :angry:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This clashes with the BMF show. Never mind not going to the BMF will save me money, but will I miss out on the opportunity to purchase essential :not: touring equipment. I've still to use the helmet I bought at last years.

And I can take the day later in the year (with intrest) using the excuse that I missed the BMF. Hopefully she won't realise that I've already slipped another event in.

I posted this weeks ago but there was no intrest, I will be going up with a couple of Buells leaving from Edinburgh. You could meet us if you wished

74051[/snapback]

It wasn't very well attended last year with only Chris (UKV11) (with Jane on her Nevada) ;Antonio (with friend Dennis on his monster) and myself from this board attending. A couple of stray Guzzis also attended with several Buells and a few others. But as you know the riding is excelent SO IT'S WORTH MAKING THE EFFORT TO GO!

I will be doing what I did last year incorporating the RBR (see page 2 if your intrested) and staging via my sisters in Penrith. It was very demanding on time to get all the points in so most likely won't meet up with you till the evening in the bar :bier: . If you fancy an early start please join me on my treasure hunt.

Great news macguzzi - the more the merrier  :D. Are these the two Buell riders who came to last years event? One was riding an XB and the other had an S1.

74092[/snapback]

No they are not an XB and a Cyclone

• 3 weeks later...
macguzzu, got your e-mail.

Yes count me in. No doubt can meet up up with you on route as I guess you'll be passing by Stirling if you are going up on the Calander road. I expect we'll tie up the details nearer the time.

76331[/snapback]

Yes nae bother we have not decided which way to go as both roads are brill, have a look at your other post on indicators

• 2 months later...

My planned routes

RBR2a.jpg

RBR3a.jpg

RBR4a.jpg

Feel free to join me if you want, but I think it will be along day, Last year on the Saturday I was out 0630-2030hrs and covered 630 miles. Did have an hour for lunch though. The Autoroute says 19 hours 13 minutes and 1100km for this years.

There will be some lovely roads but I've got to hit the landmarks so I have to take some major roads as well and go to some of the bigger towns/cities

Cheers for the offer Martin- I will probably go up my usual route over the Erskine Bridge then up to Crianlarich, through Glencoe then up to Spean Bridge.

Its quite a long haul in a day so I will keep the route reasonably direct.

If anyone fancies a ride out on the Saturday I will probably go over the Pass Of The cattle to Applecross, up past Torridon and back down again.

Ace roads if its dry. :race: